Stone Circle Celebration!
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Pack Activity 

Valette and Grayday had taken down a mother deer and its baby down in the meadows and Valette decided that it was a perfect celebration meal for the whole pack. She looked to the side and let out a howl, she hoped that Grayday would join her in their howl. It was an enthusiastic howl. After all she promised Steady she would find a good meal that they could all share and celebrate their move. Unfortunately they lost a few members when the move did happen but she was positive that both wouldn't leave without a good reason. She was certain they would come back.

The howl was meant for everyone. Hopefully everyone was around to come and join their little party. All would have good food and perhaps there would be some bonding between the new members and the older members. Valette certainly wanted to get to know a few of the new wolves. She was now their Beta, which was Steady probably was going to announce officially? She was not sure. She didn't need a former title really. She was just glad she could help out her pack.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Sorry about my lateness in joining this!

Steady heard the call, felt the positive vibe coming from it. Valette must have caught something for the feast! He abandoned his patrols, figuring they could take a back seat to the celebration, and immediately headed her way. When he approached, it was with a smile, his tail wagging quickly as he nuzzled her in greeting. He took in the doe and her offspring. Their lost lives will fuel ours, he commented. Good job, Valette, he added, with a smile.

He waited for the others to come. While this wasn't a mandatory meeting, he did hope that everyone would come. Once it seemed the ones coming had arrived, he began to speak. I'm glad we could all make here from Silvertip Mountain as a family. Though we have lost some, we have gained others, and I look forward to making this new place our home with all of you. In addition to this feast celebrating our move, it is also celebrating our new Beta, Valette, he said, turning to her to see if she might have anything to add. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Eta
I'm falling, so I'm taking my time on my ride
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
She gathered her children at the sound of the howl, at time sending an irritated hiss in the direction of Keoni and soft praise in the direction of her other children; especially Nikai, oddly well behaved, in her eyes the calmest and most obedient of the bunch. Keoni filled the other extreme, and Hazel sat somewhere in the happy middle. She was slow to the meeting, ushering her pups along, but she was a silent yet amiable presence when she did arrive. She listened to the small speech, though the words of the mountain echoed hollowly within her. She had no such knowledge of the old territory of her pack, and she found herself too busy to ask, tending her children and the herb cache.
looking for caregiver threads! PM me if interested ^-^
27 Posts
Ooc — Jem
There was a buzz in the air which seemed tangible even from afar. First it ensnared the copper and cream female’s attention as she trotted across the meadow – and then, once she could see the small gathering, she altered her pace and route. Selkie ended up on the outskirts of the group looking at many faces she was unfamiliar with - and the one face who had welcomed her into the family of Easthollow.

Steady spoke of a mountain Selkie was unfamiliar with, and she stayed silent, her head tilting as she listened intently. The Alpha mentioned losses, but his words overall spoke of optimism; the promise of a good life in pastures new. Selkie couldn’t disagree with that, and her narrow muzzle dipped into a deep and sincere nod. “Hear, hear!”

The new Beta wasn’t a wolf Selkie was familiar with, but she grinned at the she wolf Steady turned to all the same. Selkie loved gatherings, almost more than she loved the promise of food, and here she was in her element with new faces to meet and a couple she already recognised. One of the pups was amongst the familiar faces; perhaps once the speeches were concluded, Selkie would make her way over to the female who was obviously her Mother and introduce herself.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska followed the sound of the call. If it was Steady calling, it must have been different. He had been going out, finally deciding to go and meet this 'Valette' Steady and others had told him so much about. But the call took priority.

He came to the gathering and sat around with everyone else. Chaska listened to Steady's speech. Memories flashed here and there about the mountain. His ears perked at the mention of a feast. He also looked over at the newly announced Beta, Valeete, and flashed a smile accompanied by a nod in her direction.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday sat nearby, tail wagging absently as he enjoyed the feeling of being surrounded by family. His eyes swept the area, but often lingered on Valette as she stood in a nervous-proud-excited stance near the front of the pack. He was glad they'd spent more time together - if not for the hunt that day, he might've gone the whole rest of his life without having her as a friend.

Looking at her now, Day couldn't believe he'd ever thought of her as snooty. More than anything she just seemed... bright. He didn't have a word for it, really, but bright seemed close enough.

Though his eyes lingered on all his packmembers, he was still mostly just looking for Adeline. He'd been... not quite avoiding her, but not seeking her out, either. Lately, he'd just been trying to give her space. Give himself some space. He'd have to leave again soon, and when he got back - if he got back - some things were going to be different.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai followed his mother and siblings, happily playing with Withhazel and Keoni as they went along despite their differing styles of play; Hazel's softer while Keoni's was often rougher. Once they made it to the meeting, he settled down beside his mother, looking up at all the strangers with his large, curious eyes; he wanted to meet them all, and yet he also felt apprehensive and a little self-conscious.
107 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Witch had a hell of a bellyache today - it hindered the already quiet child, but when Nikai came to her to play, she still batted at him gently as she usually would. Perhaps she moved a bit more stiffly than usual, and stuck closer to Althaia than sher regular wandering - when they reached the meeting, however, it seemed the pains were forgotten. 

There were many around that Witch had come to recognize, and even like, despite her lack of words or the understanding of them. Steady was one she'd seen the most of, but it was the newest member to their family, Selkie, that captured her attention - with a grin splitting her face and not a moments hesitation to so much as glance at her mother, the cream flower was trotting towards the cream and copper woman. She didn't realize she was being rude to Steady by not listening, but in her defence she didn't understand what anyone was cheering about or anything - the girl simply knew that this was a FUN time, and she was to have fun! To each she happened to pass, she cooed to, maybe brushed against, but her mark was set and she would not be stopping - Althaia was bound to have to come get her after the alpha was done talking, or risk interrupting. 

This time, she did not keep her distance from Selkie - whether the woman saw her or not, the Convel-Quinzel pounced on her paw as she would a falling leaf, clamping her sharp puppy milk-teeth around it without a care in the world.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Please be at the celebration! @Rickon @Philos @Itch @Adeline (:p)

Valette's tail started to wag faster as members started to tickle in. She was happy to see them all and even more proud that she and Grayday had provided such a good meal for them. The girl couldn't even brush her smile away when Steady announced she was their new Beta. This meal wasn't about ranks or who would eat first. It was about celebrating that they were living in this territory and they made a successful kill. Valette started to open up the mother and take out chunks of meat for others to take. There was also the fawn she let others decide what to do with it.

She gave Steady the heart of the mother doe. It had a high nutritional value and in her eyes it showed respect that she would give him such an important piece of meat. She placed it by his feet with a smile on her lips to then returned to the doe and take out more pieces so everyone had enough. As it turned out it would probably she would have the last pieces of meat, but for once she didn't mind.
a line from a song
257 Posts
Ooc —
For a few moments she was distracted, but then her gaze fell on the doe. "whoa" She uttered softly,  eyes huge as she beheld the creature. She had never before seen a dead one in its intirety, it was not a stag but yet still magnificent to the pup. Steady had fallen silent, the other assembled, but Keoni made a beeline to the doe; and Valette.  She had grown to like the hunter, and watching her swiftly take apart the deer increased her awe of the woman. She watched her with saucer-like eyes, tail thumping rapidly against the ground as she sat. But she could hardly take it to merely sit and watch, and thus bound toward Valette, tumbling over the neck of the deer and effectively coating her fur with blood as she bound toward Valette with a smile, hoping to attract her attention.
 Caregiver 4/5
71 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Away
Philos was a late arrival to the pack meeting, and like usual he stayed near the outside. Most of the members of the pack he knew were the few pups he had meet. One of which, Adeline, who he was closest to, didn't seemed to be there. He watched Keoni and her pups enter the greeting only to watch two of them scatter right from the beginning. 

He had head the last part of Steady speech. Talking about the celebration of the move and how Valette was their new beta. It came as no surprise to Philos. He didn't know quite what it was, but in his mind she had always been the beta. True he wasn't a part of the pack from the beginning to know how long she had been in the pack. But he had always seen her right at Steady side, or leading part of the pack. 

As the food wa being disperced Philos stayed back. A bit shy seeing all the new faces of the pack.
even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
The howl sounded, and Adeline's head jerked up, her ears perking. Crap, she thought. Now was not the greatest time for a meeting, as she was currently belly-deep in a mud pit, and therefore covered in it. It had been a fine idea, and she had a blast, but she couldn't imagine it would be a very positive image for the daughter of the Alpha to arrive so dirty. Oh, well, she though, trying to remove herself from her play pit. 

But, that was easier said than done, and before she knew it, she was way late to the party. She had ran as fast as she could, but it was obvious arriving at the end of her Dad's speech that she had missed the beginning of the celebration. She shot Steady and Valette an apologetic look before taking a spot next to Philos. She didn't hesitate in trying to touch her shoulder to his, purposely trying to smear mud on him with a grin. 
do you want to break me like you were fourteen
and someone dared you to break the law?
stay gold, ponyboy
101 Posts
Ooc —
Sorry! I actually thought he would be gone during this, but I'll just pretend this happens before that xD

Rickon didn't exactly hurry at the howl, and it showed in his tardiness. His eyes widened as he saw that everyone else had gathered very promptly, and Valette was already presenting their alpha almost ceremoniously with a heart. Her heart? He gulped, wondering why his stomach suddenly hurt a little... Hungry! Right.

The lanky latecomer slunk along the outskirts, coming to mingle in the shadows of Philos and Adeline, before coming to stand on the other side of her. He passed them a sheepish grin, wiggling the tip of his sharpie-black tail to them in quiet greeting, before turning expectant eyes on the feast before them.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
The others seemed to accept Valette's promotion without comment, and Steady assumed it meant they all agreed. She had worked hard for the pack, and Steady fully felt she had earned the Beta position. He gave her a smile as she set the heart down at his paws, not really realizing the implications it might have if someone misinterpreted it. 

His eyes moved to the late-comers, and lingered on his daughter. It was no surprise to him that she was covered in mud, but he gave her a smile. This was not a time to scold; it was a time for happiness. And so, Steady lowered his head to feast on the heart that Valette had given him. He hoped the others would dig in, as well. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska noticed several others come by. Including Adeline, who was covered in mud. He gave a little muffled chuckle, trying not to ruin the moment with laughter.

He moved his gaze back to the new beta, and watched as she gave the heart to Steady. Valette took other pieces out. he took his piece when it got given to him and dug in. This certainly was a feast that would not be forgotten for some time. And a good thing that was. He'd hate to forget a feast such as this.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day was enjoying the small, informal ceremony; it was good to see Valette being celebrated, and Steady seemed lighthearted as well. They all needed a bit of reprieve from the stress of moving, losing, gaining - Day was glad he got to be a part of it. Doubly glad that he'd helped to make this feast happen. Triply glad that Adeline showed up looking so silly.

Abruptly, though, his mood changed. As soon as Adeline sat down by Philos's side, Day was ready for the get-together to be over. Still, even with bitter anger boiling in his gut, the wolf held his tongue and kept his peace. He reminded himself that he was being silly, that it was better this way - and none of it really helped, but he was able to get through a few mouthfuls of food before finally deciding to slip away.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours