Heron Lake Plateau impossible to actualize an honest diagnostic
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
All Welcome 
Open! Maybe @Finley or @Elwood or a baby, or even @Clover if they wanna get all up in his face.

He spent the majority of the day avoiding everyone, which he was known for doing before boinking his own sister so that wasn't out of the norm. Anytime Screech came upon her scent he felt a nasty twist to his gut, and would veer the other way. Then again, if he caught wind of Towhee he'd do the same, and eventually found himself on the trail towards the last spot he'd seen Redshank - but the boy wouldn't be there. He knew what to expect from him, at least. Redshank's loyalty was to Screech, not to the Redhawks; this entire situation would not sit right with him so, Screech was stuck dealing with things on his own. He had Niamh too, and was glad about that, but right now... He wasn't sure what he wanted out of his day. And he couldn't exactly face the one person that had been his last true ally, not after... That.

When he stopped wandering, he was surprised to hear the murmuring sounds of tiny people. That sounds weirder than it should - but he also caught the strong aroma of Finley and Elwood intermingled, and knew somehow that the latest update to the Redhawk firmware was squirreled away somewhere. He couldn't see them - didn't really want to either - but in trying to escape the potentially dangerous situation (of Screech vs. angry mother Finley), he wandered almost directly in to the nondescript location where they were being held (which is being left ambiguous because Java doesn't know if they're in a den or a treehouse or what).
'cause i'm a hopeless wanderer
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Clover was heading toward the den of her family with a small ass rabbit when she noted the figure also heading that way. It was impossible to misconstrue him with anyone else, and so all at once Clover released a bellow: hey, FUCKTARD! and hastily made her way in his direction with teeth bared. The fuck you think you're doing? Get the fuck away from my family, she snarled, loudly. Her hackles were raised and she sought to bridge the gap between them and herd him away with snapping teeth.
THREADS: 1 / 1
PLAYER PREFERENCES
154 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Though much more reserved about her feelings since the move, Fiadh was of the same mind as her siblings. She just hadn't really rallied with them to share her thoughts since that altercation with the strangers. Like Clover, she was wildly disappointed in Towhee for letting them stay after threatening the Redhawk pack. Her elder sister had always been a role model for Fiadh, but in the days between then and now, she had begun thinking about turning to others for guidance.

She was just returning from the lake to the Blackthorn pair's new den when she spied Clover heading in another direction, puffed up like a porcupine. Fiadh's ears twitched forward and she picked up the pace, concern writ in every line, but the problem became clear very quickly. She needed only to see that empty eye socket before she was charging forward with head lifted and chest thrust aggressively forward.

"Get lost or we'll kill you, motherfucker!" she snapped as she came to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with her smaller sister, bristling and snarling. In that moment she did take cues from Towhee, who had said almost the same thing during the chaotic first encounter, minus the super cool curse words of course.
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer

It was almost like being rewound back to the point of contention, when the two girls came flying at him. This time Raven wasn't there to stop them from whatever they were after; but they were clumsy and young, and Screech - well, he was clumsy too, but knew to stop his wandering as soon as the figure of Clover came in to his vision. Unfortunately Fiadh came at him from the other side and he didn't know she was there until her voice chimed in; both kids were adamant that he should fuck right off, and since Screech didn't realize he was heading right for the place where the puppies were sleeping, he thought they wanted him gone from the territory.

Woah, woah, chill out, he tried to reason with them both as they took up positions in front of him, forming a narrow obstacle; he was swiftly halted by the snapping of teeth but he didn't turn around yet. Towhee said I could stay so you need to relax, he urged, but the look in their eyes indicated that they weren't going to do that. What the fuck is your problem? Who even are you? They were probably more of Finley's kids but he couldn't recall details, and didn't really care. Right now they were just harshing his vibe.
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Clover listened only for so long until the rudest words of all came forth: chill out and relax. Did you just— she looked to Fiadh, he fuckin' just— and she had to laugh at the absurdity of it all before she launched at him with the true intent to drive him away. Oh, she would relax—as soon as he was far away from her family! Like Hell Towhee told him he could be here, she was right with her when she said she did not want him here and she hadn't said a damn thing then. 

She'd never killed anyone before and didn't even know how to have that drive, but her anger was enough to stand by Fiadh's words, not that she understood the repercussion or the consequence.
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
-was waiting for a thread like this!

Feeling a bit out of place in a pack, and perhaps a bit house-bound, as she hadn’t left the packlands since she’d joined, she decided to search out Screech who was, in her opinion, her real leader and closest packmate. Nothing terribly eventful had come up just yet, but she’d also been on the move a lot, constantly guarding the borders as a means of being useful but also avoiding others.

She caught Screech’s scent and followed it at a lope, catching up just in time to see that he’d been confronted by two young, grey wolves in the distance. He didn’t look terribly ruffled, but the females did- and as she approached, she recognized them as the two who’d charged him at the shitshowdown. And ther posture, now, was definitely hostile.

Niamh was still just closing the distance between them whenthe boldest of the females charged Screech. She shook her head in frustration and gritted her teeth. ”Stoppit, you damn fool!” She shouted, before breaking into a run. She didn’t intend to intervene- Screech could hold his own against a younger female, she thought- so instead she chose to stare down the other female. l”We’re a part of your pack. You don’t like that, tell Towhee.” she spat.
PLAYER PREFERENCES
154 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Fiadh had hoped that intimidation in the form of strength in numbers would work to send Screech packing, but like before, he showed a total lack of regard for his own disadvantage. Is this guy retarded? she had to wonder as she squared off against him with Clover. He had to be, right? There was no other explanation for how stupid he was being. Towhee may have let him stay, but he was an enemy and he was way too close to her baby brothers for comfort. She wasn't normally one for harsh judgment or mean behaviour, but her fierce loyalty to her family trumped all kindness.

And, well, he told them to relax, which was one of the most idiotic things you could ever say to any woman, let alone two adolescent girls raring to pick a fight with you.

Clover launched herself at Screech, and Fiadh was almost right behind her, but she looked up just soon enough to see the golden woman who had sided with Screech streaking toward them and the den they guarded. Fiadh's fur puffed up to full bristle as she strutted toward the other woman, bellowing, "Get away or you won't be for long!" She'd known letting these miscreants into the pack was a bad idea! Where the hell were @Towhee and @Finley while these outsiders encroached on the den housing Tywyll and Cinder?
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
Having backup or not, Screech wasn't the type of person to take any backtalk laying down; but he wasn't here to cause a fuss, and upon reviewing the situation (with everyone snapping and snarking at one another) he did the unthinkable: he tried to approach this with a level head.

Woah woah WOAH, he had to get loud to cut through the din of their stupid voices and once he had, set upon Clover first with his own snappy words - he was no diplomat but he had to get through to her somehow. We live here now and its going to take some getting used to but - at this point Fiadh cut in and lunged for Niamh. Screech expected that she knew how to handle herself, and with a flash of a look he hoped she wouldn't cause too much harm. Kid! Seriously, we are just standing here - what is your damage? You hate us because Towhee and I are at odds? She is my sister not yours. Our problems are not your concern.

Of course that wasn't the real issue here, but Screech had wholly forgotten those tiny sounds he'd thought he'd heard.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
At first, Fin had thought she was just dreaming. She was in part, for a little while at least. You know how sometimes you're half asleep and you start hearing things going on and they get incorporated into your dreams? It was like that. She was dreaming of taking on a pack of bucks with Colt at her side, only they were young and spry and totally not at all in over their heads in the fight. But when they had engaged, the deer began to snarl and shout in wolf voices. Voices that reminded her very much of her kids. So much that by the time Fin awoke, the deer were covered in silver and white, and only of them had a clover-shaped patch of dark fur on its hip, an awful lot like...

Clover?

Fin's eyes opened slowly at first, then snapped wide the moment she realized something was wrong. The voices were not in her head - they were outside of her den, and it was more than just her girls. Titmouse was here, and... Yeah. Fin growled a warning to the boys to stay put before emerging from their burrow to see what in all the hells was going on.

"Stand down, girls!" she barked at the pair as she strode up and stepped between them and their presumed enemies, her tail and head flung high authoritatively, "Let's all just take it down a damn notch or five; I've got kids sleeping over there." She shot a frown at her daughters before turning it towards Titmouse and his girlfriend. Her eyes narrowed.

"You guys are uncomfortably close to my den," she informed them, guessing that was likely the whole problem - they didn't realize there was a rule here that they had broken, "Towhee let you in and I'm willing to give you both a chance to earn my trust, but until you do, you keep your distance from my den and my pups, alright?" She kept her voice steady as she spoke, without anger or accusation. It was a warning, not a threat. All the work she had put into trying to give Towhee some confidence in her ability to lead would be poorly spent if she was to spit on her decision to let Titmouse and his little gang into their ranks. She may not like that she'd done it, but it was done now. She would give him a chance. Besides, he had been her son.. once upon a time.

254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Screech was able to evade her assault, much to her frustration. She saw Fiadh attempt to attack and hoped that her own landed somewhere. He tried to speak reason, and she decided to give him some small meager offering of a chance, and was even about to correct his assumption—that this was not the sole reason, though it was one of them—when he went on to state that Towhee was not her sister, but his. 

The absurdity of it silenced her for a minute, long enough for her mother to come out and tell her children to stand down. Still, Clover sat mutely in shock, until her mother's speech had finished. It was then she seemed to come to, and she shook her head. What the fuck is wrong with you? Towhee is our sister, she bristled, baring her teeth. You're nobody to anyone. Except for a heel. You turned your back on your sister. Remember? Her gaze was unwavering, the tiny Clover standing as tall as she could... but she was not very formidable or fearsome. 

There was a small part of her that wanted to trust him, too, though. That small part was the part that trusted Towhee. That part seemed to emerge in her willingness to listen—but she did not trust him herself, not yet. 

Not only that, but she was angry and irate. He had told her to relax and ignored her demands for him to get away from her home. As she stared him down, she noted a snout on him. In knowing so many (read: one) disabled wolves, she couldn't rule out the fact that his nose may be dysfunctional. That, though, made him a huge liability. And also, she thought mischievously, that meant he would be very, very easy to prank.
Ghost
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Screech dodged Clover’s lunge, but she didn’t get the time to give him a congratulatory grin, as Fiadh then marched up to her, as angry as her sister and threatened her, and it was just then that Niamh got an inkthat they shouldn’t be where they were. Fiadh was just trying to get them to leave that spot- but before she cpulf say anything else, Finley showed up, calling her girls off.

Respectfully, Niamh backed away several paces, moving closer to Screech, bumping her flank against his. As soon as Finley said the word “Kids,” her ears turned back and she gritted her teeth. She immediately felt that she and Screech were in the wrong, and she deferred not only to Finley but to her daughters as well. 

”I’m sorry, ma’am, I honestly didn’t know.” She said. She nodded to Clover and Fiadh. ”You guys too; you were just trying to protect your siblings.” She said, and cast a look to Screech, hoping he would follow her lead and not cast accusations. ”We meant no harm. Just...” She trailed off, and addressed the girls, hoping she wasn’t stepping on their mother’s toes by doing so. ”In the future, pease tell us what’s up, rather than getting angry. All this could’ve been avoided had we just been told we were getting too close. I know you don’t like the idea of us being in the pack- and we messed up today. But Towhee trusts us. You should too; we don’t mean any harm.” She said. She was quite tired of the animosity these two girls showed, and simply wanted to live in the pack without being judged for defending her own territory.
PLAYER PREFERENCES
154 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Fiadh and Clover were more than capable of dealing with a couple of enemies, of course—so says Fiadh, anyway. Still, she was eternally grateful when Finley popped out of the den. Her mother's mere presence was enough to cow at least the golden woman, whom Fiadh continued to glare at, because really, she should have respected the two adolescents enough to back off, too. After all, Niamh was an outsider in their pack, a former enemy, who should have been submitting to all of them on sight.

She wasn't family. She didn't get the same casual attitude as family.

She growled lowly as the newest Redhawk launched into a lecture, but all she did was pin her ears back and mutter, "trust you, yeah right." Fiadh was far more open to newcomers than her sister was, but these wolves had opposed them and threatened them upon their arrival to the plateau, so could she be blamed for wanting nothing to do with them? They had been enemies so how could they ever be friends? It seemed impossible to the young Blackthorn, who looked to Finley, hoping her lookalike mother would remind Niamh that she wasn't the boss and didn't get to tell Blackthorns what to do.
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
He didn't care for the girl's pointed response or claim on Towhee, but he didn't have time to snap back before Finley had emerged from a hole in the ground he absolutely did not realize was there, among the many reeds. He shot her a look — Clover, not his step-mom — but the expression deteriorated once Finley was speaking. He looked to her instead and pivoted his ears, but did not make a move to apologize until after everyone had stopped giving their own two cents. Niamh had the right idea — she seemed like a capable diplomat in this situation. Her level head was much more convincing than Screech's at least, so he briefly deferred to his blonde friend.

He saw the exchange of looks between Fiadh and Finley next, but hadn't caught the grumbled words of the younger girl. He cut in swiftly by saying, Before we go, can you tell me something? The Redhawk was watching Finley rather than the kids, mostly because they stopped being important as soon as their parent showed up to talk sense, and asked, Do you really have such a low opinion of me that -- that you think I'd go out of my way to find and hurt your babies? His rocky voice has exceptionally level as he asked her this point-blank. This moment reminded him of Towhee's questions about the Moonspear event, and those had stung too. Did everyone think that Screech had abandoned his family on purpose and become some kind of monster? And to hear this straight from Finley, well, that made it sting a little extra.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Her girls stepped back, but Clover apparently couldn't resist getting one last quip in. Finley shot her a warning look, but said nothing. She was correct in her comments, after all. Her gaze went then to the blonde girl who responded in kind. Her lips peeled back slightly in response to her words and a low growl rumbled in her chest. It wasn't for the stranger to reprimand her girls, who were higher ranked, and far better liked by the authority here. It was Fin's job to reprimand her children. Which she probably wasn't going to do (I mean, why start now really?)

But she said nothing, not wanting to encourage this interaction to continue any further than it had. Titmouse, though, apparently had other ideas. Finley looked to him last, her chin lifting slightly. He too had been one of her babies once. She had called him Screech... a moniker that he now apparently had his friends call him as well. She wondered vaguely if he remembered that she had been the one to give him the name. Not that it mattered. Fin would always love her kids, but trust was a fallible thing, and Titmouse had broken hers some time ago.

"You brought a Blackfeather to our home, attacked my mate, and ran out on us when we needed you most," Fin answered, turning to nudge Fiadh and Clover towards the den where their brothers were beginning to call for attention. She glanced back at him before making to depart, "If you think it's so wrong that I don't trust you, then stop showing me why I shouldn't." Fin turned away again to follow her girls (I'm assuming) back to her boys, hoping her son would follow her advice. Trust him as little as she did, she still missed her loud-mouthed little Screech.

1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
oh oops I kinda jumped ahead of people when I replied. I can delete this if y'all want!

It sounded like Finley didn't trust him at all - but why would she? Her reasons made his fur stand on-end along his spine and he opened his mouth to respond - to clear his name, more or less, because he felt that might help matters. But he ended up not saying anything, and let Finley depart towards her newborns without stopping her. He had snapped at Elwood ages ago; as far as he remembered the situation, Screech had been trying to protect his friend and rescuer and it had been Elwood's prejudice which had caused the spat. Screech thought that it was so far in the past not to affect him, but clearly his behavior had a much further reach than he thought.

Without saying anything else, he glanced at Niamh as if to say, okay lets get out of here, and turned to leave the opposite way.
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Clover scoffed with her sister, though said nothing. Perhaps the look was enough, and the simple sound effect, and for added measure, the very mature Blackthorn rolled her eyes as her gaze shifted to Fiadh: what the hell is she on? The new female stranger didn't seem to know why it was they did not trust the runaway, even after Clover had addressed he had abandoned them. Clover might have been for a second chance if he hadn't been a bag of dicks to her big sister, and then deciding to disregard her (and Fiadh's) warnings as though they weren't serious about kicking ass and taking names (Cloverfiadh were very serious about this)—she just did not like him. And as she turned depart at her mothers cue, her ears turned backward to listen—he had gotten into a fight with her dad????

Her dad, the most levelheaded, evenkeeled, chill dude of them all?

Again her green eyes looked for Fiadh's. If that wasn't the nail on the coffin for her judgment of him, well, she would probably find something else. Clover really wasn't one for grudges, but she was all for protecting her new family and the family she stood beside everyday for months now. For as long as she lived, really. Clover dipped her head and entered the den, tail waving. Hello to the new resident fart machines, she greeted jovially, her tail wagging.
Ghost
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Niamh knew she was stepping out of line, criticizing the girls’ behavior in front of their mother- but honestly, both of them had turned out like this because Niamh believed Finley let them. Of course, Niamh had no idea what it took to be a mother- nor did she understand that simply telling kids these things wouldn’t necessarily mean they’d always do the right thing. 

Finley then went on to elaborate as to why she didn’t trust Screech, and honestly, Niamh was surprised. All of the things she said he did- and he did not deny- were bad moves. She gave Screech an incredulous look for a moment, waiting for him to deny his fault, but he didn’t...And she wasn’t impressed. No wonder these women hated him, and her by association. Finley and her daughters turned and left, and Screech gestured for her to follow him, but given all she’d just found out about him, she shook her head. ”I think we should spend some time apart.” She said. And without giving a better explanation, she curled her tail above her back and trotted away from the area and the entire conflict completely.