Blackfeather Woods to sit in solemn silence on a dull, dark dock
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
It was hard to see Flicker's departure as anything resembling a blessing, but she supposed Tundra was right. Better to get betrayal out of the way, rather than letting it fester. The woman could have chosen worse times, after all, to change her allegiance. She blinked softly at the woman with a nod, appreciating, albeit wordlessly, her wisdom. Tundra was shaping up to be a good wolf to have around.

My family is this forest, Maegi said, pride evident in her voice. My grandmother, Meldresi, found this place and formed a pack here. She is buried somewhere nearby. That was many seasons ago; besides some rough patches, we've been here ever since.

Her eyes lifted to the dark canopy above. We worship gods called the daedra, she continued. Meldresi worshipped Mephala, the Night Mother, and Sithis, the Dread Father, above all. My personal chief god is Peryite, god of pestilence. I believe that wolves can and should choose which god they choose to honor, whichever is closest to their heart.

She'd discussed this with Flicker, too. Even had considered giving the woman her own guiding spirit. She wondered which would suit Tundra best. Something strong and quiet, steadfast. Hermaeus. . .?
Messages In This Thread
RE: to sit in solemn silence on a dull, dark dock - by Maegi - April 24, 2019, 03:05 PM