Blackfeather Woods in a pestilential prison with a life-long lock
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
In a happy accident, Wintersbane appeared before her without needing to call for him specifically. She gave a nod at his chuff and approached, stopping a few tail-lengths shy and reclining back on her haunches. She was far smaller and slighter than him, and didn't quite have the air of authority that he carried, but she lifted her chin and gave him her most businesslike stare, trying to exude quiet diplomacy.

I'm glad to see you here, Maegi remarked, her voice sincere. There's a lot we should probably talk about. Besides Ramsay and Mou, nobody else was here before. And no one else was in the Brotherhood, either.

She thought of the mark on her own shoulder, gone pale pink from her scrubbing. Would it ever come off, or was she cursed to carry it forever, as punishment for her many mistakes?

The girl shifted her weight a bit, looking contrite. I'm sorry I left so suddenly, she said. I only meant to visit Undersea for a little while, and then things. . .went out of control. Understatement, that. If he wanted details, she'd give him details. But for now, she fell silent, waiting for his response, which she imagined wouldn't be kind. She didn't deserve kind, anyway.
Messages In This Thread
RE: in a pestilential prison with a life-long lock - by Maegi - April 13, 2019, 10:43 AM