Ankyra Sound you, you will regret you ever stepped out of line
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
@Vercingetorix - i know you are going on techiatus, so no rush - this can also be a RO, if you would like. some mild PP liberties taken (in line with what you posted in our MO) <3

"vercingetorix," the siren growled in salutation, coming to stride behind the rolling haunches of the cheka. her hawkbit eyes apprised him coldly, dourly even. it had not been easy to track him down this morning, and the male had proven he at least took his sentry duty on the borders seriously. (or perhaps, he was on the lookout for dragedans to slip into their reach unawares. caiaphas had not forgotten that possibility.)

"you have much to prove," caiaphas murmured, having noticed the way he often stared longingly at the mountains. perhaps that is where the dragedan forces regrouped, biding their time while one of their own worked from within. "i have a proposition for you."

she did not wait, naturally, for his answer (he was a cheeky man, and would likely get a word in edgewise regardless). "this time last year, a woman and her mate turned me and my cubs away from her pack. like you, we sought only safe harbor following the collapse of our home." she paused for a moment to let this sink in, idly glancing to the mountains that so often endured vercingetorix's longing glances. "we were turned away and it cost us everything. it nearly killed ephraim. it killed my mate. it fractured our family." she had only mentioned her ex-son then, to garner vercingetorix's attention and perhaps, give him a small snapshot in the events that had lead to her family's demise. "i would like to seek vengeance, and you are perhaps the only wolf i know that could help me. i would like you to come with me." with this, her thin muzzle turned from the misty mountains to vercingetorix, and she looked him full-bore.

"who knows.. it may give you a chance to reunite with whoever it is that lives in those mountains you are so fond of staring off into."
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
Contrary to popular belief, Vercingetorix did not get a word in edgewise; he could shut up when he needed to. He walked with the tiny sea witch, ears cocked, growing more and more intrigued as she continued. At the mention of Ephraim, they flattened again--and rose, slowly, like grass after being flattened by careless, heavy steps.

Cute of you to think I wasn't gonna reunite with them anyway, he retorted, though his tone was playful, not barbed. He drew in a breath, thinking. So the choice was between boredom at home or adventure on the go. . .and a chance to avenge an old friend in the process?

Fuck, she should have just brought him along without asking. Clearly she didn't know him at all.

I'm in, Verx said definitely. He flashed his gaze over to meet her hawkish eyes. When do we leave?
Common · Trigedasleng
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
caiaphas had already worked out what she would say if vercingetorix refused her (or really, what she would do..) but it seemed her planning ahead was unnecessary. the beast seemed all for it, giving caiaphas enough confidence in the way he answered "so when?" rather than "but why?"

she hated wolves that asked meddlesome questions, so appreciated that the cheka had gotten right to the point. "we wait until the puppies' needs are less burdensome. i will come collect you." by her estimate, the rozulie litter would be weaned fairly soon -- it may be as soon as a week's time before caiaphas and vercingetorix departed.
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
Collect me. Heh. He kept the wry thought to himself, merely nodding in acquiescence. It was kind of hilarious to imagine tiny little Caiaphas collecting him and dragging him anywhere, but then, doubling over in laughter right now wouldn't really be the best look. Not when he had the chance for some revenge.

Revenge, and a road trip.

Great, Vercingetorix answered. I'll see you then. And when she had dismissed him, he'd move on to the rest of his patrol, a newfound burning in his stomach. It might have been indigestion, but he wasn't stupid. He knew it was excitement of the bloodlust variety.
Common · Trigedasleng
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
caiaphas missed vercingetorix's bemusement.. which was a blessing in hindsight, for she would have sharply turned back to wipe that (invisible) smile right off of his face if it had existed.. but it didn't, and caiaphas did not read minds (much to her dismay) so she simply nodded, and turned her sharp back to the man.

she had yet to trust him, but she had many uses for vercingetorix.