Blackfeather Woods you've got to ste[m] the evil tide
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
There was resistance—and, then, there wasn't. Maegi's grip began to slacken as Parvati lapped up the sick, dutifully, ingesting most of what had emerged moments before. Once the Melonii was satisfied that the woman had taken in most of the rabbit, her teeth left Parvati's nape, and she stumbled back, heart hammering in her throat.

Oh, gods. Oh, GODS. What's happened to me?

The startling moment of clarity was soon replaced by despondent rage. Angry tears filled her eyes as she glared at Parvati, nose wrinkling at the stench of blood and bile. Why did you do it?! she demanded, voice breaking on a sob. Why did you take my babies from me? They were mine, mine, mine, and you took them and left me with—

Worms. Pestilence.

Nothing, Maegi whispered, remembering the way Nirgali and Ninazu had disintegrated. Became one with the soil, never to return. Wasn't that everyone's fate? But they had succumbed so much quicker. . . You left me empty and rotting. And so, you'll rot, too. Peryite is coming for you, and Sithis. . .

The darkness was closing in on the both of them, the Void a hairsbreadth away from where they stood. Sithis was here. She heard his voice, everything and yet nothing all at once. The loudest of cries, the softest of whispers. Calling her—calling Parvati. Calling her down into the depths—

I trusted you, she said, her eyes wide and wild. The gods will punish you for what you've done to me.
Messages In This Thread
you've got to ste[m] the evil tide - by Maegi - August 01, 2019, 12:19 PM
RE: you've got to stem the evil tide - by RIP Parvati - August 01, 2019, 12:31 PM
RE: you've got to stem the evil tide - by Maegi - August 01, 2019, 12:44 PM
RE: you've got to stem the evil tide - by RIP Parvati - August 01, 2019, 12:54 PM
RE: you've got to stem the evil tide - by Maegi - August 01, 2019, 01:01 PM
RE: you've got to stem the evil tide - by RIP Parvati - August 01, 2019, 01:15 PM
RE: you've got to stem the evil tide - by Maegi - August 01, 2019, 01:25 PM
RE: you've got to ste[m] the evil tide - by RIP Parvati - August 01, 2019, 01:37 PM
RE: you've got to ste[m] the evil tide - by Maegi - August 08, 2019, 07:09 AM
RE: you've got to ste[m] the evil tide - by RIP Parvati - August 09, 2019, 10:39 PM
RE: you've got to ste[m] the evil tide - by Maegi - August 11, 2019, 09:56 AM
RE: you've got to ste[m] the evil tide - by RIP Parvati - August 11, 2019, 03:02 PM
RE: you've got to ste[m] the evil tide - by Maegi - August 14, 2019, 09:58 PM