Otter Creek that what you wanted to hear?
82 Posts
Ooc — hund
Private 
for @Maegi

He had found his way through the mountain, spit out on a side of the teekons that was familiar. Not far was somewhere that was the utmost familiar to him. He had no interest in slipping into the forest that laid to the west of the creek, however. Whatever was there was not for him anymore. Or so he was inclined to believe.

The bitter memory of everything certainly led him to believe it.

If the waters could provide him with something useful he'd be on his way again. Perhaps north or he'd retrace his steps back to the east. He watched how it flowed, green eyes looking for anything that might move under the surface. There was nothing that demanded his attention. Not yet.
RUSSIAN & ENGLISH
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
At a distance, he was only an unknown specter, but he was a specter much too close to her borders, and so Maegi rose from her position near the edge of the woods to meet him. It was only when she drew close enough to take in his scent (changed, but fundamentally the same) and his pale verdant eyes did she recognize him, and her face shifted from wary to. . .surprised?

No, not surprised. Too many people had left her for that. Nor disappointed, either; it was a bland acceptance that marked her frown now as she looked him over, drawing to a halt.

You're back, Maegi said flatly. He didn't have the best of associations in her mind, forever linked to that horrid time with the Redhawk girl and Mou's colossal mistake. But if he was truly here to stay, they could use him. They could use any warm bodies really, save those she had ruled out for good—and as vehemently as she wanted those wolves as far away as possible, there was really only a few of them to deal with.
82 Posts
Ooc — hund
She — with a tattered face, mismatched eyes and the curled paw — was much too hard to forget. Had it been anyone else he might have stared at them blankly or dismissed their words. But there was recognition in his eyes as he gazed upon her.

I SUPPOSE I AM. . . He replied with a subtle shrug of his shoulders. I DID NOT REALIZE THE WOODS EXTENDED CLAIM TO THE CREEK. . .OR DID YOU COME OUT THIS WAY JUST FOR ME? He knew the answer though. No one would leave home just for him. No one would leave anywhere for him. He was lowly enough in everyone's eyes to not even convince a prisoner to stay with him.

Kalganov couldn't blame anyone though.

If he was someone else, he wouldn't stick with himself either.
RUSSIAN & ENGLISH
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
We don't, Maegi responded, her face changing in light of his remark. Morphing into something more. . .welcoming? Perhaps he was just being pithy, but— Yes, she continued, mouth quirking slightly in what might have been a smile. I actually did come out all this way for you. It really wasn't that far of a walk, but. . .

Her lips firmed as she stared at him, taking in his sight, his scent. Not much had changed. Maegi reckoned she had changed a lot more over the past moons. Where did you go? she asked, brows arched. Did you leave with the Redhawk girl and decide not to come back?

I almost died because of her, by the way, she responded, a scowl crossing her features as she remembered her harassment at the Redhawks' border. That shadow bitch. . . That whole situation was fucked up, Maegi muttered.
82 Posts
Ooc — hund
It really wasn't that far of a walk, but. . .

I'm flattered. He tagged on to the end of her words, a brief look of softness in his gaze before it dissipated. Kalganov was content to let silence linger between them. He didn't know what to say and while they had shared some heavy moments before he would not consider them close. However he could not deny it was rather nice that she didn't seem upset to seem him. At least not outwardly.

No. We didn't leave together. There was no hiding the underlying bitterness in his words. Fuck her. The words were mumbled as he shifted his weight, casting Maegi a sidelong glance. He couldn't say he was too surprised by her next set of words. The fiery woman had been a beacon of bad omen.

Green gaze shifted to look at the forest behind her before it moved back to her face. Things quieter these days?
RUSSIAN & ENGLISH
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
She gave a brief shrug in response, blinking. She hadn't said it to flatter him, but if he deemed it necessary to feel that way, then. . .whatever, she supposed. It was a strange interaction, the lingering tension between the two of them, and yet to Maegi it felt like a homecoming of sorts. Why was that?

Fuck her. Ah, something she could identify with. Bitterness. Maegi nodded curtly, gritting her teeth as she thought of the young woman, her pelt ablaze. Who had wreaked such havoc on her home. . .

(Yet, hadn't Mou brought her here in the first place? Dear sweet Mou, blameless in her eyes for so long—)

Too quiet, she remarked, her voice casual. Slender, scarred face devoid of emotion, she stared at Kalganov for a long moment of silence. Then, Why didn't you come back?

Why do they all leave?
82 Posts
Ooc — hund
If one looked quick enough, they would catch the subtle downward tug of his lips at her statement. He may not have stayed but he did not resent the woods. He truly wished the best for the them, to thrive and survive. Then she asked a question that seemed to temporarily shut his brain down. Green gaze settling to look at the ground between them.

I guess I figured we were all dead after that. And I suppose I rather stupidly — cowardly — believed I had more living left to do. But when he had fled for other lands what had he done? No grand adventures or emboldening stories to come back with. He had grown into the frame of a man but had not become one.
RUSSIAN & ENGLISH
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
He was a coward. To flee in the face of danger proved it so. But then, Maegi had run from danger before, too. . .so it took one to know one. Her mouth twisted, but she said nothing, unable to form the right words. Silence once more rose up between them, choking, heavy.

Are you here to stay again? she said at last, trying to keep the hope from her tone. It would do no good to plead for members, even if desperately needed. She would not beg for his sake, nor hardly anyone else's. Or did you just come to see what you left behind?

There was some vitriol in the second sentiment. It wasn't his fault. At this point, he was just an amalgam of all those that had left her, and unfortunately, he was here to take the brunt of that blame.

At some point, they parted. He wasn't coming back, it would seem. But they never really did, did they?