Greatwater Lake trying to fit beneath the skin
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
She felt whatever simmered beneath the skin begin to bubble up with his first mention of her name. She turned her full attention to Scarab, not answering his query, just cocking her head, silently urging him to continue. Her lips drew tight as he spoke of the coast. . .and corpses. . .and consumption.

And just as he felt nothing, so too did she.

You answered your own question, Maegi responded, her voice soft but firm. You did it to survive. You would have died without food, and they were already dead. Would she do the same? She wasn't sure, but then, she'd never been in that situation. Should the caches run low, and Sobek's body on offer. . .

She shuddered briefly, and then shook her head, as if signifying the revulsion wasn't for him but for the thought of consuming her son's flesh when there were other options. Still other options. Thank Jaes.

No, she continued, I don't think any different of you. The Melonii paused, eyes looking past him for a moment before returning to his face, locked squarely with the boy's own gaze. If I told you I did horrible things out of fear or hatred, rather than survival, would it change how you think of me?

And in her ears, the muted splash of a body hitting the surface of the sea, sinking low.
Messages In This Thread
trying to fit beneath the skin - by Maegi - November 07, 2019, 09:20 AM
RE: trying to fit beneath the skin - by Scarab - November 07, 2019, 03:50 PM
RE: trying to fit beneath the skin - by Maegi - November 07, 2019, 10:51 PM
RE: trying to fit beneath the skin - by Scarab - November 08, 2019, 04:23 AM
RE: trying to fit beneath the skin - by Maegi - November 14, 2019, 08:20 PM
RE: trying to fit beneath the skin - by Scarab - November 15, 2019, 04:59 AM
RE: trying to fit beneath the skin - by Maegi - November 17, 2019, 12:31 PM
RE: trying to fit beneath the skin - by Scarab - November 23, 2019, 04:39 AM
RE: trying to fit beneath the skin - by Maegi - November 24, 2019, 03:16 PM