Rising Sun Valley The Rumor from the Raven
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Joining 
Nyra had grown almost two inches since she had last been here. Standing now at 37 1/2 inches tall, the stark-white, moonlit woman slowed her trot, stopping at the border of Easthollow's lands.
Taking a few moments to catch her breath, Nyra scanned the terrain, making sure she had not drawn the attention of other predators on her journey here.
No scent other than wolves, it seemed.
Raising her head, Nyra let out a howl, her voice drawing out loud and haunting to alert the Easthollow wolves of her presence. She specifically was hoping for @Greyback to answer, for he had been the one, aside from @West Tyree, to greet her the first time.
Patiently, the young wolf waited, ears perked, listening for the sound of an answering howl, or even the pawsteps of other wolves.
"I hope that raven was right..." Nyra murmured.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
sorry for the late reply, thank you for being patient!

As the white figure neared the border Greyback let out a booming warning call. His deep voice echoing into the wind with short spurts of barks, alerting all of EH as he bounded down. With the dwindling prey the Patriarch was on high alert and adamant about keeping what was rightfully theirs away from others.

However, as he neared closer the male recognized the female from before. She had happened across their borders a few sunrises ago and he had turned her away without much thought. Now back in Easthollow's stead, Greyback eyed her closer. Not much had changed, she had grown a bit since they last spoke. She looked to be around the same size as him, something that made the man uneasy. Was he shrinking with his old age?

"Nyra, of not from here," he greeted, joking lightly when recalling their past interaction. "What brings you back to Easthollow?"

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Joining 
Nyra's ears perked as Greyback galloped toward her. At first, he didn't seem to recognize her, but the unfamiliarity soon faded as he drew nearer.
With his question, Nyra dipped her head a bit before she answered:

"I heard a rumor from a raven some days ago that the prey is returning, and your land seems to be returning to normal, so I decided to return on the possibility I might be accepted this time?"

She swiveled her ears back some, wagging her tail at her hindquarters hopefully.

"My origins are in truth, yes, not from here. However, my birthplace is far to the south, in a pack that no longer exists. They were called the Direfangs. My grandmother was the alpha, my parents her betas. Everyone fell to either disease or murder by the fangs of an invading pack. I was given the choice, given my relation to the alpha, to flee and live, or stay and die like all my other packmates did. In my cowardice, I did run. However, I don't intend to make that error again."

Nyra's ears were now flat to her head, her gaze downcast as she admitted her history to the grey Patriarch.

"You deserve to know, and I offer my deepest apologies for keeping this from you before..." Nyra whimpered, rolling over and baring her stomach to him as a further show of her remorse.
Health (100/100)
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
i am SO sorry for the late reply omg. I will put you in our ranks asap as newcomer to make up for it!

Greyback nodded to her, though he was a bit surprised to hear of  a Raven. Easthollow hadn't trained such creatures to his knowledge, and to hear one of them was spreading news was quite... interesting. Perhaps he should look into it, but that was a thought for another day. For now, he was glad that word was getting out about prey returning and that Easthollow was open. They had been needing more wolves as of late... their numbers were dwindling slowly.

"Yes, that is correct." He replied, "Though I am saddened to hear that your pack fell to such fate. A tragedy, really. You have my condolences, no such thing happens much here in Easthollow, let alone Rising Sun Valley. We are quite peaceful." He looked her over as he talked, taking in her ragged state. It seemed winter had been taking a rather harsh toll on everyone, more so than what he had originally thought.

"Thank you for telling me. Transparency and respect are two of the highest values of Easthollow. But I am not vexed to learn of such a thing—you had your reasons of not talking of it. What is done is done, now come—there is much to show you of your new home."

And with that he turned his back to her once more, flicking his tail and waiting for her to follow him.

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
[ooc/ it's okay! Life gets busy sometimes :) \ooc] 

Nyra stayed on her back for a few moments while Greyback spoke, flicking her ears forward to catch all he had said. 
He wasn't upset about her previous silence? Phew. 
As the massive alpha turned with a motion for her to follow, she rolled quickly to her paws and bounded to join him at his flank, excitement swishing rapidly in her tail 
"I bet there's a lot of nice places here." The moon-cast lady said after a couple moments of quiet, looking around with awe at the terrain.
Health (100/100)
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
"There is," he responded. "In time you will learn of them, but for now me take you around the territory. As a member of Easthollow you are expected to preform certain duties for the good of pack, one of which is marking the border every evening dawn..."

He continued to lead the female around the area, stopping every few paces to remark the borders and then letting her do the same. "I will also be assigning you a mentor—a friendly face if you will, as someone to show you the ropes. Her name is Nanook. She is tall, looks a bit ruffled at all times." he chuckled. "Your first job is to find her by the end of sundown. Let her know I sent that you. As for me, it is about time I retired for the night." He stifled a yawn that escaped his jaws, blinking his eyes rapidly to dislodge sleep. "I will check on your progress in a few sun rises."

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
"Ah, yeah, it is getting pretty dark out." Nyra agreed with a mumble. She turned her head to Greyback again.
"What's Nanook's scent, if I may ask? It's hard to find a wolf by appearance alone." The moon-cast girl gave a short chuckle. 
"On second thought, it's probably better if I find out for myself, huh? Sleep well, Sir Greyback!" Nyra called over her shoulder as she veered off to perform her first task.
Health (100/100)