Sun Mote Copse bedtime stories
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,949 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
The pale youngster's eyes glimmered with utmost delight when the firefly chose to alight on the tip of her little sister's snoot. But Alyx didn't seem to find it so enchanting. She screamed and recoiled, her head shaking rapidly as she backpedaled right into Meerkat. The older pup gave a quiet, "oof," at the unexpected impact but instinctively lifted her forelegs to simultaneously brace and gentle Alyx.

"Did it bite you?" she wondered. "With its butt?" she added, remembering how some insects used stingers in their rears. She petted a sandy paw down Alyx's flank as if she was a spooked horse, trying to calm her, even as her eyes roved the darkness, looking for the culprit.

When she spotted the firefly blinking in and out of sight a few yards away, Meerkat decided to avenge Alyx. Plus, she still thought it might be cool to swallow the "star bug." Even it it didn't give her any special powers, maybe it would make her tummy light up like a night light? With that thought in mind, the tawny pup sprang toward it. Fireflies weren't exactly known for their speed, so Meerkat managed to capture and swallow it with relative ease.

She spun back to tell Alyx there was nothing more to fear when the taste hit her. Meerkat's face scrunched into an uncharacteristic grimace, though only for a beat. Swallowing a few times, she queried of both father and sister, -"Is my tum glowing?!"- She didn't wait for an answer, ducking her head to peer at her belly upside down between her own forelegs.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
bedtime stories - by Phox - May 10, 2020, 01:45 PM
RE: bedtime stories - by Meerkat - May 10, 2020, 08:58 PM
RE: bedtime stories - by Alyx - May 14, 2020, 06:38 PM
RE: bedtime stories - by Phox - May 18, 2020, 05:02 PM
RE: bedtime stories - by Meerkat - May 19, 2020, 11:21 AM
RE: bedtime stories - by Alyx - May 21, 2020, 09:32 PM
RE: bedtime stories - by Phox - May 22, 2020, 12:22 PM
RE: bedtime stories - by Meerkat - May 22, 2020, 01:29 PM
RE: bedtime stories - by Alyx - May 30, 2020, 10:01 AM
RE: bedtime stories - by Phox - June 14, 2020, 10:30 AM
RE: bedtime stories - by Meerkat - June 16, 2020, 04:21 PM