Duskfire Glacier If you want me, come find me
Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
All Welcome 
AW! Meet some other pack members maybe? <3

It's been over a month by a little bit, since Eldritch showed up upon the doorstep of the Tundrian. 
Her pawpads had mostly healed by this point, enough that she could now walk longer distances around the territory and add her scent to the mix. 

This afternoon, El was patrolling, casual get calm in stride, almost ethereal like she had been before.
Before the fire, before Aerenys was lost away with the Daedra, the gods she remembered, wanted to turn her back upon in the memory of her fellow witch. Would her sister want such a thing? 

In her thoughts, Eldritch zoned out with white eyes watching the distance.
Eldritch is fluent in Daedric (Valryian) thanks to Aerenys having taught her the language behind the scenes
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
why not? :D

Chacal, gone. Just as all of the others.

And just as with them, Rosalyn could not help but search. More cracks, fissuring within, spidering up the surface of what she held together. She had other daughters, but Chacal.... sweet Chacal. She had been hers in a way she had not touched on since Raleska. An echo of a roar that drove her to the lands around in fruitless search.

She found nothing. The bear.... it was the bear. He had returned to take more from them. At the thought of it, panic gripped her, turning her blood to ice as it drove her to a gasping charge. In her fury and her fear, she didn't recognize where she was until her focus for any sign of bear was broken by the scent of many wolves.

A border. She stopped in her tracks, casting around. Where was she? Why had she come inland? The bear....

No. They... they'd killed it. Hadn't they?

Recalling was like chasing smoke. She saw the wolf near her, drawing closer along the border, and the mounting fear caused her to step back with a prickling stiffness to her pelt. Where is this place? There was too much edge to it, but she would not show fear.
Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
The ether-wolf snapped back as an edged voice greeted her ears. A dark russet woman, scarred, older.

Briefly startled, El glazed it over with her usual calm, answering with her almost eerie, quiet voice. That quiet would soon turn just as edged as razors, as her trauma buried itself into her soul like a parasite. 

"This is the territory of Duskfire Glacier, lead by Wintersbane." The ghost responded, tilting her head with some curiosity. 

Who are you?
Eldritch is fluent in Daedric (Valryian) thanks to Aerenys having taught her the language behind the scenes
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Wintersbane. Something clicked then, not a memory of the man who they had once cast out. A more recent one, and her wife's voice swept through her mind like a balm. East of us, in de taiga. She glanced to the side, where the sun drifted in the sky. West would take her to the shore. Of course it would. It always had - how could she have thought, for an instant, she was lost?

Her nerves weren't completely set aside, but the recollection had helped to bring her back to even keel. She couldn't help but lift a lip, somewhat, to this woman's lackluster tone. But her own voice remained calm this time as she spoke.

I apologize. My name is Rosalyn. I am looking for my daughter. I believe she may have come here once before? Her name is Chacal. It was not a common name, so she felt no need to go further in her description. Erzulie had said she was friends to this pack. Perhaps she had gotten lucky after all.
Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Eldritch forced her hackles to stay flat as the woman raised her lip slightly. No hostility from the shadeling's own form showed, though mentally she was baring teeth.

You're not a leader here, El. Remember that. She reminded herself.

As the introductions and reasoning came, Eldritch waited until the russet woman finished.
"My name is Eldritch. Forgive me, I'm new to these lands. I'm afraid I haven't seen your daughter." She responded. Her gaze held no real ill intentions, though the disembodied and currently-soft nature of her voice may not translate her neutral standing well. 

Once good at heart, the darkling felt herself darkening with inner turmoil.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
No luck. Rosalyn felt her hopes fall as she answered, but remained stoic now that she'd gathered herself somewhat. This wasn't the place to lose her composure again.

Then she isn't here. Chacal had not been one to hide herself away. They would know her if she had come here. If she does, send word. Sapphique would appreciate the favor. She could not make any promises of trade without Erzulie, but she could imply that the exchange would be a benefit to both. She was sure they could offer something to make the trouble worthwhile, should they come with news.

It was all she could do. She had no desire to confront this woman or search her lands - it had been a fit of desperation anyway. She'd known the chances were slim to none, and now at least she had her answer.
Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Eldritch tilted her head slightly as the woman before her took a breath, confirming to herself that the offspring in question wasn't here. Eventually she spoke again, this time with a request. 

The darkling nodded once, offering a small smile that was meant for reassurance. "I will tell Wintersbane of this. It should help to have him also in the know, just in case she does come around. I'm sure he will send word if we find her here." Eldritch responded with her usual calm, turning a couple steps to head inland before pausing to glance back "Anything else?" She asked, not wanting to turn away fully if more was needed to be done here.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
we can wrap this here! <3 thanks and sorry it ran a bit long!

It was all she could ask. That's it. Rosalyn turned to go, then paused for a moment, as if thinking better of simply leaving. Thank you. Tell him that, too. She didn't specifically remember all that had happened, but his name rang a bell. And she sensed in that memory that they had not parted ways well. Likely she would recall if she saw his face, but perhaps it was better she did not. Seeing old friends rarely ended well these days.

Rosalyn's spine prickled a bit apprehensively as she faced towards home - or where she now guessed it to be. The shadow of that moment of doubt lent hesitance to her and she would not truly breathe easily until the cliffs reared up before her.

At least you can always find the sea.. It was a small comfort, but it helped.