Broken Antler Fen goldfinch
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,148 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
All Welcome 
jasmine had been found by bridget, and teya was relieved.
today she went to the home where maia and @Eljay kept their children. with her, the long hock of a goat. they were hardly cubs now, and she cleared her throat at the threshold of their den.
"before winter truly come, you and maia should take trip," she encouraged the auspex once he appeared, a pleasant look upon her face.
her days had been whiled with reyes, in a restorative sort of way.
[Image: zTO57rj.png]
Brecheliant
NPC
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
It hadn't gone unnoticed to Eljay that Teya had spent a lot of time with Reyes. He was happy that Reyes had found a home here, and sort of happy that he hadn't returned home to the Caldera; while it was unfathomable to Eljay to be away from his children, for whatever sake, it wasn't hard to see that it was better for Reyes at least to be here rather than at the Caldera. It seemed to do Teya well to be around him, too. Eljay was not entirely sure what was going on, but it wasn't really any of his business. Teya knew that if she needed to talk, he would listen; until she sought him out for such things, he would simply observe and not draw any conclusions or judge.

She sought him out that day, but not for the reasons that he'd wrapped his mind around. He was thrown back to a conversation they'd had before, months ago when he was much more tired. Oh, he said, blinking thoughtfully. Yeah. I think that'd be nice. Eljay smiled softly at Teya. Thanks. I'd almost forgotten about it with how busy it'd been. Life had settled down somewhat; Diantha was still rebellious, but Roswell and Jasmine (despite getting lost) were doing okay, and so were Hymnal and Sylvie, despite growing up in the chaos of the three adoptive children in the den. Now might be as good a time as any for him and Maia to take a trip.
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,148 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
she nodded. "there is lot happening here. but they older now. i have reyes and bridget to help." a swift smile; she searched his face. eljay remained a mystery. under his gentle veneer and careful words, the girl was certain that there was more to their auspex.
"do you know where you will go?" she asked next. there were many beautiful places in the territories around brecheliant. she did not think that eljay and maia would go far.
"the mountains look lit by the moon, sometimes," she offered, gesturing in the vague direction of the hinterlands with a friendly sway of her tail.
Brecheliant
NPC
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay nodded as Teya said that Bridget and Reyes could help her out in their absence. Thanks, Teya. He considered a moment as she asked if he knew where to go. Hmm, I'm not sure. I don't get out much. Although of course, Teya knew about that; everyone knew, he imagined, since he was rarely gone from the pack and if he was, it was only for a very short time. He was a little embarrassed about his lack of exploring experience, but perhaps for being Auspex, it wasn't the worst thing in the world.

As Teya said that the mountains looked lit up sometimes, he wondered if she meant to pitch him an option. Oh? he asked curiously. It sounds beautiful. Have you been there much? The mountains seemed like a viable option, since then they wouldn't have to go too far from home.
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,148 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
she nodded. "a few times."
when she had danced with kynareth, when she had killed with him —
"and you and maia will be close to children, still." not so close, but not so far as the coast.
she and bridget had meant to go, those many months aside.
and now —
her heart flickered with pain.
Brecheliant
NPC
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay nodded as Teya said that they'd be close enough still. It was a good idea: A change of scenery, yet if something happened in Brecheliant or with the children, they'd be close enough. It sounds nice, he said with a nod. I think we'll go, sometime soon.

After a short pause in which Eljay hesitated whether he should take his leave for now or stick around, he ended up asking: How are you holding up? He knew it was an unfair question — it always was — but he struggled to find the words to say what he actually meant. If the pressure on her shoulders wasn't too much. If he could help with something. Anything.
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,148 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
teya nodded. "i doing well. i — with reyes, now." she felt she should admit this much to eljay. "it has been good. for both us, i think." she could not hide the glow nor the pleasure that touched her eyes now.
"i think brecheliant good for anyone who come here," she declared, a little smile truly rising to her lips now. this was largely in part due to eljay's calming presence, she felt.
Brecheliant
NPC
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay could not help but smile when Teya admitted to him to being with Reyes. He'd had his suspicions, but he didn't want to put her on the spot; it was none of his business, after all. Still, to be so trusted by her that she would tell him warmed his heart. I'm happy for you — both of you, he said, all the while smiling softly and genuinely. All the better that it felt for Teya that it was good for both of them. Reyes had had a rough time and he was separated from his children; to have someone like Teya around was good for him, too, surely.

Teya then said that Brecheliant was good for anyone who came here. The smile on her lips directed towards him was interpreted a little differently by Eljay — he, after all, had also found his solace here at Brecheliant when he was at a low point in his life. Yes. It's truly something else here, he agreed. It's been very good to me, too. At Redhawk Caldera, it was unimaginable that anyone would ever trust him enough to want him as a leader. Eljay still did not think that he was the most natural, best pick for a leader, but the fact that the wolves of his new family here at Brecheliant trusted him enough to make him so made all the difference.
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,148 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
"thank you, eljay." she suddenly felt rather shy, and shuffled her feet a bit. brecheliant was quiet and without chaos. they had a sister pack in the caldera, and for that she was grateful.
but her relationship with reyes was the reason that teya did not think she could return to the redhawks, not now.
she did not intend to explain anything.
"ibis would be happy to know her children are safe with you. with maia." a lump came to her throat but teya did not cry.
Brecheliant
NPC
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
When Teya thanked him, Eljay's smile didn't waver. He was just happy that the wolves in Brecheliant were doing good, no matter the circumstances surrounding it. Besides, Reyes could use some good fortune, too. It seems he was finding it with Teya.

As Teya said that Ibis would be happy to know her children were safe, Eljay smiled, though the glint in his eyes saddened a little. Thank you. That means a lot. Sometimes I... I know it's hard for them — especially Diantha. I wish there was something more we could do to show her we love her, but sometimes it just feels like it isn't enough, like it'll never be enough for her. He frowned, looking a bit pained to admit this. Eljay really did wish he could show Diantha, somehow, just how much he and Maia loved her too; just how much they wanted to be there for her.
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,148 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
she nodded. "diantha not understand. sometimes — sometimes i think she would be good around other kids. redhawk kids." perhaps that was what the girl needed: a bit of controlled change in the face of so much upheaval.
"maybe i invite her hunting or fishing," she suggested, waving her plume behind her. "i will help. and you are enough, eljay." teya looked seriously at him. "she is just hurt in the heart."
Brecheliant
NPC
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
At first Eljay was surprised to hear that Teya suggested Diantha spend time with the RedHawks, but maybe it made sense. Hmm... Maybe. You might be right. But he was afraid to offer it to her; afraid it would feel like a rejection. It was a realisation she had to make by herself.

Teya said she'd try, too. Said he was enough. Eljay smiled appreciatively. Perhaps it'll help her to talk to someone a bit less close.
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,148 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
teya nodded. "i try that."
a whisk of her tail, a roll of her shoulders. "i get back to patrol now. call me if you need, eljay."
teya gave a genuine smile, waiting for their auspex to speak before she turned and melted into the fen.
his words would remain with her for a long while.
Brecheliant
NPC
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay nodded appreciatively as Teya said she would try to speak to Diantha. Then she announced heading back to patrol, and he nodded again, his face more serious again now. Yeah. Thanks. For — The patrol, the heart-to-heart talk, the offer to help Diantha, the offer for him and Maia to get some time together — everything.

Eljay smiled as Teya then took off and he turned back towards the den and his family, smiling. The caretaker headed inside and settled beside them, feeling content.