Ouroboros Spine listener
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
All Welcome 
She would need to find her mother, find Amalia, but she wished to give them time. So that they might share words with one another and that the dark-furred hunter may find healing.

Her stomach soured still.

So she sought out @Kigipigak with a rush to her steps. Long strides eating up the earth below. She needed to see the northern man. Ask him of things he may know between the golden girl and Amalia.

Of Tartok, even.

She just hoped nobody else crossed her path first. Far too frazzled to entertain casual company.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moonglow
Kappa

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,211 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
He had been lounging in the sun, trying to feel warmth where he could. To gather it to himself in a moment of sad solitude. Kigipigak's only desire was to have his family united; he cared little about the dissolving of his village or the move, except the sense of shame that dwelled there inside of himself.

When he caught sight of a spritely pale figure roaming the hills, he raised his head. At first he thought it was the moonwoman; but then he remembered her many daughters and called out to this one: Callyope?

The man was rising to his feet, moving to meet her.
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
Kigipigak!

She called out to him near breathless. Halting as she came close enough for her to not have to shout down the hillside at him.

Her long limbs ached, a soft tremble. Her own adrenaline from disengaging the two fighters had worn off some time ago. Now she had been left with only the confusion of it all. More questions than answers.

I have things I must ask. Please.

She may have ranked above him, but she valued all the things he did and the life he had lived.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moonglow
Kappa

1,211 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Concern outweighed his sorrow now. It spiked and drove away all other thoughts. The man's face contorted with that focused worry, furrowing.

Come, sit. Has something happened? He worried aloud, and looked now to the path she had cavorted upon, to see if she was chased, and turned his ears for sound of warring or summons, on-edge immediately. It was hard to shed the instinct that his old role had placed upon him.
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
Your gold woman of Tartok,

Oh, she had never gained a name!

And Amalia. What is their anger? Why has Amalia turned upon her? Her brows pinched sharp and hard between her eyes. The gold woman has told me things but I must hear you, if you know.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moonglow
Kappa

1,211 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Gold woman...? Despite the opposite description, all that was on his mind now was Sakhmet; but that vanished and was replaced with Tulukiri's face, and his posture slackened.

It sounded as though something had happened, and between two of his own. They are not yours, now. We are equals here. He corrected himself.

A sigh. I can try to explain.

Tulukiri is young, headstrong, and entrenched in the culture of our people. It is different from Moonglow in many ways - similar, too, but - he did not know how best to say it. I believe that her tenacity bothers Amalia.

He saw nothing wrong with it. That was his own bias coming forward.

Amalia has always been a very committed person to our village. From what I heard from my wife, he looked around again as if haunted, watching the trees, trying to put aside the heartsick feeling of her mention... When I went away, Amalia stepped in to a greater role.

He gave a small shrug. Their first meeting did not go well. Now I think they are rivals of some kind, which is to be expected. Tulukiri being younger. Amalia having a sense of herself and her power.

He wondered how this might help matters.
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
oops all speech

Tulukiri!

She quickly tucked this away as she listened to the stories laid forth by Kigipigak. Soaked in every last bit so that she may have the most words for her mother.

Her lips drew into a tight line by the end of it all.

Today Tulukiri says Amalia, mmm, insulted— Talked shit was not something she could bring herself to say. Her family. Tartok. Said Amalia would not stop when she told her to. Did any of this fit what had been displayed between them before Kigipigak?

She looked to his face now, wondering and waiting for but a breath.

I witness Amalia show teeth. Tulukiri strikes. I stopped as soon as I could. They are separated now and I heard Tulukiri words. I send Amalia to Moonwoman. I will soon go and tell Moonwoman these things, but I needed your voice first.

She felt some sense of shame, some sense of dread.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moonglow
Kappa

1,211 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
The more he learned of the situation the more frustrated he felt, but he could do nothing. That was the frustrating part for Kigipigak; he was no longer their superior and no longer in the position to do anything about them. Plus, this was a problem of a village that no longer existed. It was a reflection of some failing of himself and his leadership, that this had festered in such a way.

The people of Tartok, my people, are very proud. They are warriors first, hunters second, and little else. It is not common for us to be sentimental or to have strong faith in anything but the physical things. He explained this as best he could, to show how Tartok was different to the culture of Callyope and her people.

Tulukiri... I believe she was born a hunter's daughter. It is the way of Tartok to conquer villages, raise their children so that Tartok may grow stronger and gather strength, blood, and land. These were truths Kigipigak had been raised with. He had never participated in this, but he had yearned for such a chance when he was Tulukiri's age. I was much the same as the girl, when I was young. It is common for our children to grow up with great stories of battle and bloodshed. If I had known she was so devoted... He shook his head.

There was little he could've done. It was the way of things.

Tartok is not just a people. It is a creed. Being raised in such a way could be why she does not get along with Amalia - though I would not know for certain. That was his best guess, knowing the two wolves as much as he did.

I hope this is of some help. Kigipigak says, finally, and frowns as he looks upon Callyope. He is of course, concerned.
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
It all helped.

Her exposure to those beyond Moonglow and Natigvik was fleeting at best, often times confusing. As much as there were similarities between the two villages there also seemed to be stark differences.

If Moonwoman does not know these things, I will extend your voice. I will explain the way of Tulukiri when I share my words. But this place was not Tartok. Callyope had not been raised with such stories or such ways. To conquer was a concept beyond her. She knew only the heart and life of her village.

Bloodshed within would not save the village.

You have given me wise words. A soft compliment in her increasingly tired voice.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moonglow
Kappa

1,211 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
He smiled, though he did not feel it.

Kukutux would know some of it already. It would be good for them to learn from one-another, and he had hoped that it would occur over time. It was apparent now that their merge could only work if they could find equal footing.

This problem between Amalia and Tulukiri was of great importance, then.

Please find me later, if it is acceptable, and tell me how things go. I may not be their sangilak any longer but I... I do feel responsible. It was the last he would speak, and gave her a dismissive nod so that Callyope could step away if she wished.
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
archiving!

She moved closer for only a moment, touching her nose to his chin. A show of respect and good faith.

She would inform him as much as she could. Offered him one last warm look and then began her trek back towards her mother's place.

The day would be longer still.

"inuktitut" || "common"