Hoshor Plains i'mun
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
632 Posts
Ooc — anon
All Welcome 

she and the rest would move through the Plains. but they were vast; for every mile they traveled, it felt as they drew no nearer to the next place! this place was a sea of reeds; she thought back, then, to A'aru, but knew that this was not that place. it was cold, the winds were blistering, and there was no reprieve!
a snowstorm was imminent, and someone saw fit to build an encampment for the Shabti and Amiirad. there, there was warmth; and when Toula went to relieve herself, she saw the monolithic figures of bison moving into the storm to get away from it. covered in her furs, Toula was not so bothered by the whipping winds, though an attendant quietly compelled her to return to the shelter they had built away from the winds and the cold altogether.
she said to them, I would just like to watch, a little while longer, the movements of the behemoths looking like some sort of spiritual venture, somehow. perhaps it was!
the blood you bleed—
is just the blood you owe
34 Posts
Ooc —
i wasn't sure how many others she's traveling with, so i kept that part vague

The tracker, prowler, shadestalker Leshen made his way across the open plains at a fast clip. He was eager to find shelter from the unforgiving windchill that had picked up in the last hour or so. A blizzard seemed promised to these pastures of snowdrift and dead grass.

He noticed a low thundering ahead, but it was not like the sound of an oncoming storm. He made way for higher ground upon a rare hill on the flatland and mounted his perch to watch the gigantic creatures that surged into the bitter winds. They were fascinating – entrancing, even – but his eye was drawn to a wolfish figure between him and the distant herd.

He only saw the one at first, bringing him to descend the hill with a mind to investigate. Take advantage, if possible. He traveled perpendicular to their position; his cautious approach easy to notice from the corner of his target’s eye.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
632 Posts
Ooc — anon
I think 5! Sokha, Treva, and Sayf I know for sure. I think Akhtar and one other fellahin or mazoi may be with them! But just one fellahin would be outside w her attending atm 

something smaller than the great, lumbering beasts moved in the corner of her eye. toula’s head slowly turned that way, squinted past the falling snow. she was not quite snow blind, but she could scarcely see them. 
hello, she greeted, voice leagues warmer than the windchill. will you not come closer, and join me? she invited, hopeful!
the blood you bleed—
34 Posts
Ooc —
Leshen gave pause when he was spotted, head and ears lifting beneath the grasp of the other’s gaze. He was not hiding; he sometimes desired things that sneaking could not give him. Like attention, for example.

She beckoned him closer, to which the scarlet-eyed snake obliged.

He slithered nearer, trotting to close the distance until it was revealed that the girl was not alone. He stopped abruptly, turning his muzzle sharply towards the lingering attendant. Leshen did not like to be outnumbered in unfamiliar company. It instantly put him on edge, and he involuntarily took a step backwards.

Immediately, his eyes began to snap all around him, searching for an ambush in the snowfall, and when he could see none, then he tried to choose which direction would be the fastest, safest route to make an exit.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
632 Posts
Ooc — anon
he came toward her. Toula smiled. he retreated—she frowned! he seemed anxious then, desperate to get away. Toula wondered how she might make him stay... and then felt the wrongness of this.
if you would wait just a moment, she said, thoughtful. she spoke to her attendant, who was loath to leave her side. Toula whispered something gently, and the coyote skittered away only to return just as quickly, with a rabbit leg in its mouth!
Toula took it, and darted a little closer to the retreating stranger, depositing the leg halfway before stepping backward herself. Khonsu protect you, fellow traveler, she spoke softly, her gemstone gaze holding fast to his frame.
the blood you bleed—
34 Posts
Ooc —
last from me! sorry about this buttface lol

She called for Leshen’s attention once more. His baleful stare followed the guardian as they were sent away, and he hesitated in his confusion – his attempt to understand what was happening.

He fixed the golden-haired girl with a hard look, suspicious of her, and it flitted towards her attendant as they returned to her side. There was something tangible exchanged between them, but he could not see it in through the mist of snow. He backed away as she skittered nearer, the fur along his spine lifting to caution her…

But she stopped and dropped her gift onto the snowy ground. At this angle, he knew it was something edible. She backed away, uttering some sort of invocation. He looked at her face, then down at the leg, then back up at her face again. There was risk, but there was reward as well.

The thievish woodsnake darted forward, snarling as he stole what had been freely offered. He did not cast the girl or her crew even a parting glance as he spun and trotted off in another direction with his small prize in tow, his ears pulled back to listen for any giving chase.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
632 Posts
Ooc — anon
Toula did not argue as he took the food, as he fled; it had been for him. instead, she watched his retreating figure. she prayed; prayed for him to be well, to survive.
prayed, if the Gods willed it, that she might see him again to know it was so.
she turned back to the party she traveled with, returning to shelter with her mother. satisfied that she had helped someone in their time of need, she slept easy this night.

i love him