Lion Head Mesa But a slow glowing dream
der rote sanddiener
22 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Isa's back! uwu

The venture away from the palace had been long, but worth the while. Chaos no longer seemed near. The aura had changed and all seemed peaceful. But only after going in herself and seeing it would confirm this.

Isana approached the borders of the mesa, standing along the edge. A call, she sent. For someone to take her home. 

Would anyone hear her?
you'll see how the rest of this is undeniable
260 Posts
Ooc —
i'll throw makono in after a few rounds!

who came calling for home?

nala moved with a skittish grace, if there could be such a thing! the woman who called was...mostly unfamiliar. the woman reminded her of a fellahin in the build and dusty colors.

who are you?

this asked with a blink of wide, mismatch eyes.
der rote sanddiener
22 Posts
Ooc —
She had been heard, for someone came at her beckon.

A slow wag of her tail pursued the approaching figure. Isana smiled.

I am Isana. I was once fellahin of the mesa. But she did not share more. Not of why she left, nor of the reason of her return. I have come back.
260 Posts
Ooc —
her spine straightened softly.

eyes a bit more...hardened too! who had she become?! to greet others with her worries and speculations.

well, things have changed, she said in the voice of an anxious victorian maid. do you intend to serve the new pharaoh?
der rote sanddiener
22 Posts
Ooc —
This woman told her of change, and then asked of her willingness. 

Was there any way to think on this question? It was simple. New pharaoh or old, I serve whoever sits upon the throne.

But what of this new pharaoh? How did they come to take the throne? And what became of the old... ? 

This new pharaoh — when did this change happen? Isana didn't much care for the change itself, but she couldn't help but be curious for the reason.
260 Posts
Ooc —
it was not nala's place to decide.

she always did her best to sidestep the politics. tending to heart and soul rather than the court! thank you very much.

very recent. her voice was gently strained. not even a moon yet. and the time of mourning would stretch beyond a moon as well.

so this is what you wish?

nala gave only one more chance for the woman to leave before surely someone would be upon them!
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
616 Posts
Ooc — anon
I assume since Isana was a part of her mamas fellahin posse that they would know one another — Toula probably mostly fawning and asking for decorum lessons! but let me know if I took too many liberties there <3
it was not long before Toula came to them. still during their period of mourning, Toula had exhausted herself the night before with tears—but had still awoken early enough to greet Ra! 
morning prayers completed, she determined to inspect her alters and perhaps build others. Ingram had gone to be with ash paw, which made her heart happy—but she wanted to be sure the altar of Osiris was well maintained! with a fellahin in tow, Toula would make her way there… but first, to collect some things for it! 
the wife of the Sesh caught her eye, as well as a woman of her mothers court! her mother, who had gone—but… 
Toula quickened her step, but did not move with haste having been taught that doing so did not befit an Amiirad. and only when close enough did she call to the one who had been of her mothers court—
Isana! she had been beloved by Toula, even if largely from afar! such grace, and tact, and other things Toula had dreamt to be herself! forgive me, she asked of Nala, abashed to interrupt, but she must know! are you well? …are you… have you seen my mother? she asked worriedly, in not knowing the woman had been banished! such words had not reached her ears—beyond the grief of the palace, it seemed Toula had heard nothing else!
her gaze did not shift to nala as she asked her question, wanting to be sure Isana herself was alright. but wanting also to see if any recognition might dawn upon her features, perhaps due to crossing paths with the Shabti? oh! she could only hope!
der rote sanddiener
22 Posts
Ooc —
It is, Isana nodded, speaking with great confidence.

This was why she had come, was it not? And yet, this one seemed to keen to turn her away. Or try to.

Another soon joined them. Isana knew their face well.

Princess Toula. She greeted with doting favor. While serving the shabti, the girl had often been in company. I have been well.. But then she asked of her mother. Was the shabti not still present, she wondered? No, perhaps not. A newly enthroned pharaoh could only mean that their former partner would no longer coexist.

I regret to inform that I have not, no. I do hope she is well also, though. She meant this with sincerity. The former queen had always been kind to Isana, promising her of promotion when she proven herself further. But now, with this change, such a title may not be so near in her future.
260 Posts
Ooc —
skippable unless addressed! feel free to tag makono when ready :)

oh, dear.

the princess was upon them! not that — see, she loved toula! it just meant that now this had become a higher matter. nala held no authority over the amiirad.

so she only bowed deeply with a sweeping motion that swayed her feathery fur.

prepared to remain as a silent body to the side now.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
616 Posts
Ooc — anon
sorry @Isana I AM HERE NOW <3

the young Amiirad gazed with warmth upon Isana. disappointed though she was to know she had not seen her mother, Toula drew toward her and ushered her to her side. then perhaps you could join my own court, she offered, comforted by the nearness of the familiar woman. but she thought of Makono then, She who deserved the world. perhaps She might wish for her! and that was Her right. Toula would never seek to take from Her.
quietly she fret over this, but determined if Isana wished it she would ask Makono if this would be alright!