Wheeling Gull Isle You are my anchor, so steady me, steady me now
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,258 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
does not want them was a concept quite foreign to heda. she stroked each little baby head, ruffling the small ears with her breath as everett explained what an ordeal they had gone through.
sisters. husbands. witches. sickness.
quietly the sweetharbor woman reached for his paw, curling her own around his for a moment of support. "you were right to bring them here, everett," she assured with a long exhale. "if — if evil has touched them, the only cleansing for that is the love of god." that was why he had been there at that moment; it was why he had been compelled to bring them here.
heda's sungold eyes lifted once more to the man at her side. "your sister? is she all right?" now concern lanced her tones and she very much wished that the woman was with them now. 
contemplatively heda touched each of the four infants in turn. "berries to see spirits," the young mother repeated, shaking her head in dismay. "we'll get them to the den, and i just won't be leaving them alone for the day. maybe caracal has an idea of how to make them vomit or something."
yet even as heda spoke, she knew it was too late for that. "he can stay with the children, while manea and vesper help us carry them to the greenhills." the wolf did not yet stir, wanting the poor beleaguered babes to have their fill of milk before they were moved yet again. but after that last trek into the viridian grass beneath the summer-eye of the sun, sweetharbor would envelop them with its peace.
"when we know they'll all be okay, maybe you should name them, everett," heda suggested, at last straightening, feeling their small mouths release her flesh in sleepiness, she hoped, and she called for the two other island wolves mentioned once before.
Messages In This Thread
RE: You are my anchor, so steady me, steady me now - by Heda - June 25, 2023, 07:14 AM