Lion Head Mesa Man, know yourself… and you shalt know the gods
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
641 Posts
Ooc — anon
Toula was surprised to hear as such, though even she had heard of the ways in which Akashingo was different from any other. respect was given freely, until a time that one had been wronged. then, perhaps, it might be revoked. but also in her time here, none had disrespected any other that she had ever heard. 
he did not seem… upset, to have lived this way. perhaps he was used to it, or had become so used to it that he was numb. she could not imagine it, and it made her aware of how very different they were. but it was not a negative thing, not in her eyes, only an intriguing one. 
it is very different here… or, it has become that way. all are given respect, and through their continued toils they keep it. each and every wolf here… they are worthy of that kindness. it is true that there are different tiers here, but… all are necessary. each and every being here has made Akashingo better, she explains gently, no condescension in her voice. she feels for his experience, even if she has never lived it, and would not understand it firsthand. 
here, it is the Erpa-Ha, myself, and the local royals who stand above you. all Sphinx stand as equals to one another, but still are royal—only not from these lands, and come on behalf of their own. marriage pacts, typically, though there can be other reasons, she smiled at him then. visiting royals were not on par with those already among them. were there a Pharaoh, she would have listed them, too—but it was conspicuously unnamed, and she leaned a little nearer to grab a blackberry that glistened with honey. 
if he was to marry her, it would be Akashingo’s way he must grow used to—Toula openly shared this with him, so he would better understand this, too. blackberry and honey—it is one of my favorites, she murmured, delighted. when I was a little girl, I always loved—is that honeycomb? her eyes lit upon what was nearest to him, the very thing she had been about to name!
Messages In This Thread
RE: Man, know yourself… and you shalt know the gods - by Toula - August 20, 2023, 07:48 PM