Two Eyes Cenote wedding bells [ap]
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
633 Posts
Ooc — anon
All Welcome 
the festivities were in full swing now, and Toula at last let herself settle into her bliss. blessed by the Gods and Goddesses who had even brought to her her father, Toula knew that all was right—and the things that were not, would be made so! 
she as Pharaoh had met many, and still must meet many more! but it overjoyed her, and as she made her way from one person to the next her smile lingered and remained true. and ahead of her are two lovers, embracing, enjoying the party—dancing, vibrant with life, a shimmering vision! 
Toula was overcome with the feeling that she was meant to see them, to see this sweet love, and as her eyes sought her husband they landed instead upon an unfamiliar face—@Austere,
a mysterious stranger, and Toula felt the crowd part before her as she made her way to this newcomer. the din around her was a pleasant hum, and Toula plucked a berry from a platter an attendant had delivered to her that had been tasted before it’s arrival to her. 
but no amount of them tonight would have any effect. the Pharaoh’s gaze remained sharp, attentive—the excitement of the day had kept her so, and now she could still only anticipate the evening—
she imagined things, then and there, she perhaps should not—but for all the things she was trained in, she was still untaught in the ways of lust! these bedroom eyes were not for the one before her, though, and so Toula instead distracted herself by thinking of things far more sobering.
like where was her sister? ah, yes, that thought chilled her! and by the time she was before the newcomer, she at least had a grip upon herself! did you travel far to be here tonight, stranger? I thank you for it—your presence, it is appreciated,

prompt post!!!
Loner
The Strange Bedfellow
12 Posts
Ooc — Van
tysm for starting!!

Austere basked in the sights, sounds, and scents of the coronation celebrants as they swirled about. He sat proper in a corner of the space, his head high as he cast a half-lidded gaze upon every face in attendance. The revelry around him was welcome, even if the dark stranger did not participate in it himself.

At his paws lie the cleaned skull of a ram. An attendant had tried to relieve him of it, but the blackfur obelisk was determined to give his gift personally. To this end, his eyes often fell upon the newly ascended Pharaoh, who this time was looking back at him.

Ears pressing forward, he tracked the auric young queen as she drifted towards him through the crowd, stopping to greet her guests and bless them with her golden smile, but never quite losing her headway: his statuesque position. There was a distant, euphoric look in her eyes, tempered by the time she had reached him. He supposed it took a great deal of effort to moderate one’s ecstasy at a time like this.

He dipped his shadowy head. The distance was of no consequence, he said, low beneath the thrum of bodies and overlapping conversations. I was curious to set eyes upon the one who inspires such... He paused, looking out around those gathered. Admiration. Austere looked back to her. Let us be strangers no longer, Pharaoh. I am Austere of the Fog Towers.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
633 Posts
Ooc — anon
her gaze turns to the gift between his paws, though as he speaks her eyes return to his own. he is a gentleman—at least, this is how she perceived him by his well-spoken manner. Toula smiled at his compliment, and she nods to his sentiment. 
that would make me quite happy, I think, she rejoins, accepting the words readily. it a pleasure to meet you already. the Fog Towers—are you a prince there? a king? there is something in the way that he carried himself, even when still. and perhaps it was that, his perfect stillness. the way his gaze so easily assessed and read the room. 
Toula would be sure the man would receive the respect he was due, which as a guest alone was plenty—but if they were truly to be friends, she intended to know him. she was eager to do so! when a fellahin paused before them she greeted them warmly and took from upon the solid frond a piece of honeycomb. her expression was overcome with delight—her favorite! 
and now it is offered before the man of the Fog Towers, and she comments, honeycomb is not so uncommon a thing—but I love it, truly. they always are sure to have enough to last through the Winter, so he would not hesitate in taking it if he wished, and happily revealing something of herself in turn.
Loner
The Strange Bedfellow
12 Posts
Ooc — Van
A servant, the shadewell replied matter-of-factly, punctuated by a humble smile. Austere’s eyes gleamed in the lowlight when they met hers, and he did not elaborate further.

As if summoned by his designation, one of the Pharaoh’s own valets made a brisk appearance, and the subject was deftly changed to one of taste, and delights, and the sweeter things in life. Without hesitation, Austere graciously accepted her invitation to share. For in his superstitious mind, refusing an offering from the present ruler on their very coronation day was more than a mere faux pas — it called for a curse of long misfortune.

He sniffed curiously over the leaf before lapping up a nugget of honeycomb from the frond. He immediately felt ill from the sappy sweetness. Its thick, cloying taste oozed through all parts of his mouth, sending a trill of disgust down his spine as he swallowed. Eyes of revulsion clawed behind neatly shut lids.

But outwardly, Austere appeared as if he enjoyed it: surprise giving way to nodding satisfaction in such an earnest way that it was hard to imagine him feeling otherwise. He lapped his tongue around sticky jaws, clearing away any drippings. Mm, a Pharaoh of simple pleasures, he commented with a chuckle. I can see why your people are so enamored.

He cleared his throat, inwardly annoyed at the syrupy coating he could still feel when he talked. I shall not keep you from your celebrations, but first I must present to you my tribute. I wanted to give this to you personally, else it may not have its intended effect. Austere placed a paw atop the immaculate ramskull between his forelegs and pressed it forward, leaving his paw there. I am from a people of faith, and in our customs this ram’s skull is a token of resilience, rebirth— and fertility. It was not lost on him that she was newly married as well as ascended.

The only way to present such a gift is if we both touch it at the same time. He nodded downward, indicating her to place her queen’s slipper upon the skull’s muzzle. You may pass it to others, he tacked on. But you will only pass on its blessings if both giver and receiver are touching it at once.