Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
All Welcome 
please let rolayne post first, then it's open season. ;)

Leaving Moonspear in @Alaric's capable hands, Sialuk decided to allow @Rolayne to accompany her to both Brecheliant and Sun Mote Copse. She was overdue on visiting both, and it would give him a chance to see two new sister villages that made up their allies. The boy was still young, but he was capable, and the starwoman would take it slow and stop often for resting, eating, and drinking.

There was only one wolf Sialuk was particularly familiar with in Brecheliant, and so she called for @Bridget when she arrived. As for Rolayne, she instructed him to be polite and friendly when their host arrived. She had given him a small skin of herbs to present to their allies as a token of good will.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moontide
Adolescent
58 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
While Rolayne had not given up bringing Sialuk back to Moontide, he had put it to the back of his mind for now. He was excited to journey for her, and he found this journey to be much easier than the one he took. He got to rest, eat, and, more importantly, spend time with his Mom. He would entice her into play whenever he could, but he also enjoyed snuggling up to her. It was just like it was before his Dad and brother left. Well, except his Dad and brother were still back in Moontide. He carried herbs within his maw, but was trying to be careful not to smoosh them. He sat on his haunches, tail sweeping the ground behind him, while he waited for who Sialuk called for.
Brecheliant
Family
802 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Bridget knew that @Teya’s time was drawing close and she fully intended to squirrel herself away with her. Her friend had made it clear that she wanted no more children, and while Bridget wondered if she would change her mind, she also would defend her wholeheartedly should anyone choose to bother her. No fucking way was she letting it happen unless Teya asked her to.

A call on the borders drew her away with a promise to be back soon. Bridget had missed Sialuk on her visit and then hadn’t managed to get back over to check in; she was curious how the woman was! It was also, admittedly, nice to hear her name. Not many wolves came calling for her specifically.

Sialuk! And company. Bridget grinned at the younger wolf accompanying her. How are you!? How is Moonspear? I stopped by, but couldn’t stay long, unfortunately. Then she noticed the package that Rolayne carried and her smile returned. I see you brought an official messenger with you. This must be important business!

Her tone was sincere, but an invitation also to play along. He looked so proud to be there that this must be one of his first visits to another pack accompanying her. Was it her son, or another child of the mountain? She held her curiosity in, not wanting to spoil the introduction with questions.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
seal tag for reference. <3

Bridget answered her call, and Sialuk had all but forgotten her friend lacked a leg until the woman appeared with her off-kilter gait. She knew they had spoken of it, but Sialuk found that it did not define her. Her greeting was warm and light, inquisitive about Rolayne without too many direct questions to overwhelm the boy.

This official messenger is Rolayne, Sialuk said with a smile, motioning for him to hand the bundle to the Brecheliant medic. My nephew by blood, but I am his milk mother. A soft note in her voice for the grief she still felt for her sister who had gone to the dancing lights.

Rolayne, this woman is called Bridget. She is a medicine woman.

Moonspear fares well. I did not know that you had come to visit! @Seal, my apprentice, will come to live with Brecheliant for a time soon, if she has not already made her way here. She is learning the ways of medicine, and you may know things I have not taught. The sharing of knowledge was just as important as the sharing of goods, after all.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moontide
Adolescent
58 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
It wasn't long before a large golden wolf appeared in the distance. Roylane's tail wagged harder and harder but he kept his behind firmly on the ground, wanting to make a good impression. 

It was all over when she acknowledged him, though. He just couldn't help himself. He stood, whole body wagging now, as he approached her with the herbs. He whined happily, making a circle around her before coming to a stop in front of her. He lowered his head to place the herbs at her front paws. 

Once around Sialuk, and he was back in the spot he started in, rump on the ground. Brid-it, he repeated happily. He would try to maintain his posture here, but who knew how long it would last.
Brecheliant
Family
802 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Bridget felt her insides melt when he circled her and enthusiastically greeted her with an attempt at her name. She wouldn’t ever have kids, but holy shit, she loved them. There was this infectious joy that seemed to wear away the older a wolf got, something Bridget found to be one of the real tragedies of life. It would be nice if they all could remember a little more what it was like to be young.

”Birdie” is okay too. Just for friends. She added with a wink, as if it were a secret just for him. The nickname wasn’t one anyone used much here, but back home the littles had always had an easier time with it.

That’s Towhee’s… granddaughter, yeah? I’d meant to go check in and see about helping out, but they needed me here. I’ll gladly teach her anything I can. She wasn’t confident, with all she’d heard, that her skills were any amount above Sialuk’s. But “different” and “better” were two wildly different concepts, and it was likely they both knew things the other didn’t.

Bridget didn’t miss the implication behind Sialuk’s label as nursing mother. She’d lost a sister then, and Rolayne a mother at the same time. Most likely childbirth, if he was still nursing, since other danger rarely affected the mother in a den.

Thank you so much for the delivery, ambassador. She said with a tip of her head to him, smiling through the formality of the words. Then she looked back at Sialuk’s, curious and ready to spend a moment catching up with a friend. How are things in Moonspear?
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Sialuk watched as Rolayne made his excitable greeting, Bridget treating him as if they had known one another his whole life. It was a delightful sight to see, and one Sialuk would not soon forget.

Aya, Seal is daughter to Meerkat and Njord, Sialuk confirmed. There were many ways in medicine and Sialuk thought it a good opportunity for Seal to learn from somebody outside of the knowledge that Sialuk had learned from her own mother. The ways of many people were important to the head of Moonspear. She had spent much time traveling to learn from others before returning to her village and reclaiming it as her own.

Sialuk canted her head when Bridget asked of Moonspear a second time, though she did not point out the duplicate inquiry. Perhaps Sialuk had not answered to satisfaction. A daughter from my body, and a son from my wife's were given to us in late summer, she said. Acrux for the boy and Maggak for the girl. Both are quite close to Rolayne and his brother. I returned not long ago from the large hunt upon the plains. Many people from the sister villages joined for a vast and successful bounty.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moontide
Adolescent
58 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
His tail wagged as she gave an easier name for him to say. Bir-die, he tried. He tried to do his best to stick with the conversation, but it was hard for him to simply stay in one spot and just talk. It seemed adults did that a lot and he didn't understand it. It was a bit boring to him and didn't keep his attention for very long. 

His eyes wandered around even as his rear stayed in place. He hadn't been here before and the urge to explore was great. His nose twitched as he tried to pick up the scents around him. Then, he jerked his head back to Birdie as she addressed him. With a bright smile he responded, Welcome! 

The adults went back to talking and Rolayne's eyes went back to wandering. With it being winter, there weren't any little bugs around to play with, and it seemed all the foliage had died off. Of course it would return in the spring, but that didn't entertain him now. 

With a side-eyed glance to the adults, he popped up to his paws and started to explore the immediate area within the borders. If he paid attention, he wouldn't go out of eyesight of Sialuk or Birdie. 

If.
Brecheliant
Family
802 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
I hate it when I do that XD oops. Shouldve read up!

Bridget didn’t realize she’d asked the same question back to back until Sialuk was answering the second time. Shit, she was more tired than she thought! Sorry, I’m stuck on loop again. I heard that the hunt went well! And was a pretty impressive turnout! I don’t do a lot of big game hunting these days, but I may try to make the next one and see what I can do. I’d hate to miss out on a good time twice, and I’m curious to meet more of the surrounding packs. Bridget laughed apologetically at the start, but finished the statement earnestly. No offense to Maia or Teya or the kids who went along, but from what she’d heard, they hadn’t mingled much. If she wanted accounts of the different personalities and dynamics she was definitely going to have to go and see for herself.

As they spoke, her attention was divided between watching Sialuk and tracking Rolayne’s drifting. Kids were the best, seriously. They could find amusement in literally anything and they never felt the pressure to pretend otherwise.

Brecheliant is doing well too. It’s been quiet, but I can’t complain, since it’s giving me a chance to restock for the spring. I’m not sure if we’ll have any new arrivals but I want to be sure I’m prepared, just in case! It’s still a little early in the year for most things though. Hence why she was so low on anything medicinal now.

She really needed to pick a spot to regularly both winter and spend the spring, plus return to between travels at the very least. Even if she returned to being a traveling medic, she needed a store to refill and resupply from. Maybe Brecheliant would remain that place… maybe not. She would take those sorts of questions one season at a time.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
i am so totally guilty of it, so no worries!

Sialuk smiled in good humor as Bridget apologized for repeating her question. Rolayne appeared more than happy to go explore on his own, and Sialuk did not see any reason why he should not. He would not go far, she did not think.

She listened as Bridget reported on Brecheliant's well-being, and Sialuk was glad to hear of it.

Meerkat and Njord make their home now over the western mountains. We will make a visit to them next. It would be good for Brecheliant to visit as well, make another good bond between villages.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Brecheliant
Family
802 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Maybe, when @Seal arrives, I could see if she’d like to make a trip? It would be a good chance to get an introduction. Bridget appreciated the idea of it. It would be valuable to know more of the neighbors, and even besides that, she remembered Towhee well. Bridget’s track record with the woman’s family was mixed but Meerkat sounded delightful from everything she’d heard.

When the time actually came and Seal departed on the trip, Bridget wouldn’t end up tracking her down to press her to go, knowing she’d likely slow down and complicate the short visit. For the moment, however, she tucked the idea away for future reference.

Here, why don’t I go grab us something to eat and you can tell me about your other stops? They had to be hungry, and Bridget couldn’t have them proceeding on empty stomaches.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Sialuk nodded, wondering what had held Seal up this long, but she did not assume the worst. There were more than enough reasons to delay her arrival, and Sialuk knew the girl well enough to know she would not put herself in the path of danger. The mention of food had her stomach grumbling, and she called for Rolayne to come along. They would eat and chat more. Perhaps they could even exchange bits of medical knowledge. Sialuk was rather curious about how Bridget's lack of leg was treating her, something that always made her think of Phox as well.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO