1 stag skin
1 rack of antlers
1 bison hoof
1 fur of seashells
2 caribou hides
1 marten pelt
1 Elk belly full of meat

Rolled a 4 for grouse

Rodyn had a pleasant visit in Sun Mote. He was on his way to another pack he didn't know. But he had hope that his natural kindness and even his trades would warm them up to him. And they maybe kind. He didn't know yet.

At the moment though, he was on the hunt for the grouse that he could smell. It wasn't often that he went in search of fowl, but he was trying to broaden his horizons and his meat to offer. He mentally reminded himself he would need to stop by moontide soon enough. Put the meat in the caves and caches, dry and salt some of it.

Long rangy limbs he lowered himself along the ground. Walking with slow deliberate steps. Grouse were quick. But if you did it right. You could sometimes catch more than one.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Loner
THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
244 Posts
Ooc — Impala

It was, in fact, hard to alter course when there was no intended destination. Likewise, it was simple to do so. However, on this particular day Collision found himself not changing his path as the scent of another that began to overtake his nose.

The wind blew gently, and his eyes caught the brown figure of another male. His ears rocked backwards as he felt the gentle urge to go elsewhere. Often it wasn't wise to approach a stranger. Still, there was something calculated about his steps.

Admittedly, he was a poor hunter. He went for each to find things, animals that were slower. Strength, often times was no issue, but he had never been fast. Additionally, he could admit that he wasn't at his strongest and hadn't been for some time. Living alone took that kind of toll on one.

Did the other need silence? An urge for conversation resonated in Collision. The desire to at least talk where he had been resistant to friendship for so long caused struggle between staying and leaving. Without hardly a though more a low chuff echoed from him, though, he stood in place...staring.

Interested in threading with me?
check out my OOC account for more information

IMPALA 
 Please refer to Collision's profile for information regarding fighting.
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,394 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn hadn't seen many in the area. And he had wondered briefly if this was going to be a journey that bore fruit. He wasn't certain. Where it had seemed easy to do this with his bride price. The wolves just didn't seem as friendly as they did then. But he would keep trying.

Rodyn heard a chuff and quickly his head lifted. He kept an eye on the birds. They hadn't seemed bothered by the disturbance. So he altered his course and headed towards the other male a few steps away. An easy smile and a rangy grace in his step. A dip of his head.

A Whisper. Hello. I'm Rodyn. Fancy a hunt?
Loner
THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
244 Posts
Ooc — Impala
Collision watched as the brown male's attention shifted to himself. He remained quite neutral, though, as Rodyn drew near he began to relax. This was not the approach of hostility. A welcoming, subtly, smile began to form on his lips, but as was expected, hush tones eluded that he had interrupted something.

Collision's ears fell backwards and he lowered himself but slightly. He would follow--as usually he did. Perhaps he could be of aide to the brute. To multiply that which he was able to take home to his own family as well as secure himself something acceptable for a meal. He didn't presume this male was, in fact, a loner.

"I-Alright," Pleasantries were excused for now. Collision paying no mind to the fact that he hadn't introduced himself. That could come later. There was a task to accomplish. He gently moved forward--low and slow. He would be sure to fall behind Rodyn to make sure he performed accurately.

IMPALA 
Moontide
Alpha*
1,394 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn had no problems conversing with the wolf after they caught the grouse. But he had already set his mind on them and now he was not willing to be deterred.

The hunter saw the movement and smiled softly. Hoping he hadn't offended. HE had merely been hunting and as was such, he was a bit of a wolf with a one track mind when it came to hunting. That was both a strength and a flaw.

Rodyn spoke softly. I Saw some grouse. I can flush and you can catch or you can flush and I can catch? Or we can take turns, which would you prefer?

Yellow eyes watchful on the little birds nearby.
Loner
THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
244 Posts
Ooc — Impala

Collision moved slow and methodical. Hunting was an art and Collision was not an artist. Still, two was better than one. He breathed heavily until the scent the other was on caught him and he was able to track better. Finding was not the issue--catching was.

Fortunately, a choice had been offered to him, "I'll flush," He glanced towards Rodyn and offered a nod. He began to move forward and found thick brush that was possible. With determined intention he peeled further from Rodyn. If he could get on the opposite side of the grouse, perhaps, when they became aware of his presence they would trail directly into the open jaws of the brown male.

He slinked slowly, silently, until his eyes fell upon one of the fowl. Once it became attuned to his presence, he knew it would explosively flee. He swallowed carefully until he felt brave enough to charge--and pause--at one of the creatures. Hopeful that his plan would work and he didn't come off as a total fool.

IMPALA 
Moontide
Alpha*
1,394 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Where Collision may not have had the same skills. His help was a good change.

Rodyn moved out and around. Setting up a fair ways away so that hopefully, if all went well. The grouse would race right into his waiting jaws. He hoped it worked out.

The grouse screeched and in a flurry of dust and wings ran towards Rodyn. Four of thrm coming right at him. He managed to catch 1 and 2, hoping the other male could grasp at least one or two of the remaining. If not he'd try.

Snap of jaws and vigorous shake as spines broke. It was almost like a dance. Methodical in his movements. The young man had done well in helping.
Loner
THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
244 Posts
Ooc — Impala
When the flurry started and one became four Collision's eyes did their absolute best to track the situation. Two took the path directly towards Rodyn, which was great, but two came more towards him. That...was less great. He would do his best.

Collision pushed forward towards the fleeing birds and quickly as he could dove after the two of them. Snapping jaws latched onto the backside of one and the kill was quick. Bones snapped and the body fell limp. For just a moment he discarded it to the forest floor and attempted to catch the fourth, but for him, it was a lost cause. It had such a gain on him there was no way for him to get it.

His pace slowed in irritation, embarassment, and hope that Rodyn would either see opportunity he had not--or he could forgive the failure.

Collision began to back away to gather the fowl he had managed to capture. That alone had been more luck of the draw than any true talent.

IMPALA 
Moontide
Alpha*
1,394 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn was quick to dispatch at least two of them. It was hard, but he managed. The other male was doing his level best and keeping up too. Rodyn appreciated it more than he could say.

With two at his paws and the third coming right at him. Rodyn jumped and managed to catch a wing. The loud crack of bone against teeth could be heard for a few feet. And he snapped the bird to him to quickly finish it off with a blow to the head, and then teeth to it's neck.

It was messy and louder than he had intended, but at least it was done. And four lay at their paws. A grin lit up his face, brightening his yellow eyes.

What a job! Thank you. My name is Rodyn Ardeth by the way. Pleased to meet you and thanks again. You did great.
Loner
THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
244 Posts
Ooc — Impala
Collision had taken the bird to Rodyn in a manner that could be described as sheepish. The brown male had manuevered himself quickly and effectively and had secured, what Collision considered, a very effective stockpile. 

There had to be need at his pack for such efforts to be made.

His kind words made Collision feel better--to a degree. To another point he took them like someone encouraging a young child to 'do-their-best' and 'just-have-fun' truthfully, this was something Collision should be better at.

Though, if it came to a larger, slower, prey. He would've been able to natural put on a better show.

"The pleasure is mine, Rodyn. My name is Collision Adravendi," There was something that he would label genuine about Rodyn. He seemed like he had the best of intentions at heart. A really warm kind of guy, "You must be taking these back to your pack...?" his head tilted inquisitively. The packs he knew long ago were long gone. He had learned of a handful of them--what remained?

IMPALA