Jade Fern Grove I could use a little Facetime, the face to face kind
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
in a few mere moments, caiaphas was euphorically glad she had hung back -- for what split from the darkened woods was not an apparition but a frothing bear, lumbering and monstrous in its construction. caiaphas felt her stomach drop, her throat seize -- and a shrill, keening feeling seared through her gut.

saena was much closer to the goliath than she, and for a moment caiaphas thought to run as saena was the perfect (and presumably slower) distraction. were it not for saena's affiliation with reek caiaphas likely would have left her to the bear's fangs that day, yet a sense of fierce and near maternal outrage gilded her frame. it was not a noble feeling, nor a caring one -- but rather, was more akin to the sense one gets when a sibling plays with your favorite toys. caiaphas made her move then, stepping forth from the ferns with a loud shriek and blazing towards the lumbering beast with abandon.

she had no intention of connecting teeth to the leviathan's hide,  and no intention of making herself the bear's early dinner. but perhaps her loud decoy could prove a distraction enough to give saena time to escape.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I could use a little Facetime, the face to face kind - by Caiaphas - November 16, 2015, 06:16 PM