Dragoncrest Cliffs But I won't pray, I've made my grave and I'll sleep in it
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
There was a time when she hadn't hated them.  She'd been a part of Sleeping Dragon for a while, and had only left because she was ill-suited to a life so heavily based on structure.  Recent events, however, had destroyed any chance of forgiveness or goodwill from her.  It wasn't in her nature to get past what they'd done.

Even her laugh was bitter.  Sometimes we are what we are.  His frank observation amused her but she wasn't about to lower her guard just because he had a little fire behind that front.  If not thanking them for holding me captive and so graciously sparing me makes me a bitch, then I will take it.  If I deserve death then so do you.  He wasn't with them, which meant by whatever fucked up logic they employed his life was forfeit now.  See how he enjoyed the mark.  She'd endured their self-righteous attacks long enough.

She didn't have an answer for him with regards to Caiaphas, because she sure as hell didn't agree with what she did.  Saying she didn't to Ephraim wasn't an option either, though.  If it were up to me, you'd have been ignored like you deserved.  She seemed to think it worth the time.  

She could leave, but she did not want to turn her back on him until she knew she was ready, and her body still needed a breather before she could make her way back to Rusalka.  She could let her tongue roam free, but not too free.  She remembered his fuse ran short.
Messages In This Thread