Ankyra Sound and i, i won't feel sorry, you can believe me
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
i did not even realize how interesting this was going to get... I constantly forget I have roz somehow

Rosalyn attended the call as swiftly as she could, bringing the children with and allowing them to play with strict instructions to keep back from the water.  They would be fine for the few moments this would take, and she'd wanted to introduce them to the shore that day anyway.

When she arrived (maybe with Erzulie? Pending) Caiaphas filled her in.  News of neighbors, troubling especially given recent events.  What she spoke of didn't sound like a return of the cliff wolves though.  Likely they had little to fear from a single child, and they could roust her swiftly should they feel that was best.

She had no opinion of the meeting, and would have gladly followed Caiaphas to toss the girl from the cliffs that night, had she not been informed what the sea witch had demanded.

As she told that story, Caiaphas would have seen Rosalyn's expression darken, stiffening with a heavy dose of distaste and near-horror.  Her stomach dropped and she took a small step back, instinctively placing herself between Caiaphas and her own children outside.

Children are not payment to be exchanged, she said, and her ears flattened back as she glared at Caiaphas.  Would she have made that payment, had Drageda demanded it?  If so, she'd have died before she could deliver.  None of her children would ever know the horror of having your worth determined by trade.
Messages In This Thread
RE: and i, i won't feel sorry, you can believe me - by Rosalyn - May 18, 2019, 01:30 PM