Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,973 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
She woke sometime in the middle of the night and for a blissful moment, she didn't remember any of it. But as she floated into consciousness, rubbed the crusty salt from her eyes and found herself staring up at the dark ceiling, the knowledge crushed her all over again. Meerkat made a soft choking noise and rolled onto her feet, instinctively stumbling around the sleeping bodies on the floor and moving toward the moonlit doorway. She felt as thought she might scream or vomit, maybe both.

Her pale figure slumped against the threshold as she stared out into the snowy night. The blizzard had blown itself out momentarily. It was calm, the world a white hush. If she tipped her head, she could clearly see the half-moon and a scattering of stars. Her breath unfurled from her mouth, the silvery vapor the only movement in the stillness of the wintry night.

After a moment, she squeezed her eyes shut and let her head hang as hot tears began to ooze from beneath her eyelids. She could still see Toad's torn face, her warm paw going lifeless and limp as her life slipped away, too early, much too early. I never found her a husband, Meerkat thought, her foreleg crooking and her paw curling into a fist she held against the profound pain clenching inside her chest.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
a drop filled with memories - by Meerkat - January 06, 2021, 11:38 PM
RE: a drop filled with memories - by Fennec - January 06, 2021, 11:52 PM
RE: a drop filled with memories - by Meerkat - January 07, 2021, 12:06 AM
RE: a drop filled with memories - by Fennec - January 07, 2021, 02:58 AM
RE: a drop filled with memories - by Meerkat - January 07, 2021, 10:03 AM
RE: a drop filled with memories - by Fennec - January 07, 2021, 11:52 PM
RE: a drop filled with memories - by Meerkat - January 08, 2021, 01:11 PM
RE: a drop filled with memories - by Fennec - January 09, 2021, 12:44 AM
RE: a drop filled with memories - by Meerkat - January 09, 2021, 05:31 PM
RE: a drop filled with memories - by Fennec - January 10, 2021, 01:41 AM
RE: a drop filled with memories - by Meerkat - January 10, 2021, 02:31 PM