Wheeling Gull Isle certain to tell you, confusion has its cost
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
The girl was insistent. He'll be back, she repeated, knowing even that she said it that the rebuttal was futile. So often, adults and children were on completely different trains of thought; the language barrier between them was still strong enough to stymie conversation. With food. Mmm.

She smacked her lips in illustration, feeling ridiculous as she did so. Maegi giggled, ducking her head for an instant before swinging it round to check on the others. All dozing, except for Ven. There was always one.

Her lips pursed in thought, and she began to slowly detach herself from the others, hoping she didn't disturb them in the process. We can go outside, Maegi whispered, staring hard at Venninne, if you stay close to me. Okay? You have to stay close to me.

Army-crawling, she wriggled inch by inch until she reached the mouth of the den. A huge yawn from Prevost almost brought her back, but soon her daughter subsided into slumber, and the coast was clear once more. She nodded toward the other older girl, giving her permission.

You have to stay close to me, she reiterated, then sprawled her upper body into the open air, blinking at the sudden influx of light.
Messages In This Thread
RE: certain to tell you, confusion has its cost - by Maegi - May 23, 2021, 05:28 PM