Hoshor Plains some things are in our control (and others not)
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,981 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
The wind gusted again, carrying the scent of another wolf within close range. Before Meerkat could decide whether to turn toward it or keep moving in her chosen direction, a face appeared among the tall grasses bending and swaying in the strengthening gale. The yearling ground to a stop, some of the blades whipping against her flanks. The air filled with the soft susurration of it, punctuated here and there with faraway peals of thunder.

Above the sounds of the storm making its way inland, Meerkat caught the stranger's question. "I'm looking for two little girls," she replied, raising her voice to be sure she could be heard. "Have you seen them?"

She could provide descriptions but that was likely all the detail any wolf needed. Her eyes locked on the stranger's face, trying to read the expression and whether her words prompted any sort of familiarity. Meerkat made sure to drop her gaze after a few beats, though not before observing the stranger's two-toned eyes. Her ears strained forward, filling with the voice of the wind.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: some things are in our control (and others not) - by Meerkat - July 05, 2021, 08:12 PM