Broken Antler Fen and the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
All Welcome 
Towhee’s edict was pretty straightforward: you can visit your father at Brecheliant but you have to take an adult with you, no ifs, and or buts (lol, butts). Caracal accepted his mother’s terms and had no desire to disobey her.

But after going to find @Killdeer only to discover he and @Fennec weren’t at their den for the third or fourth day in a row, a very bored young boy went meandering around the caldera rather aimlessly.

I’M BORT, he declared to no one at all when he reached the southern borders, his tail giving an impatient lash.

He didn’t really think about his mother or her mandate when he set out for the lake in the middle distance. He had no intention of going to Brecheliant. Caracal knew Towhee wouldn’t want him leaving the territory, especially not alone, but it wasn’t his fault nobody was around to stop him and/or cure his boredom.

And once he hit the lake, he smelled the pack over yonder. He rounded the shore and traipsed that way, barely giving his mom a thought. Caracal only considered Towhee’s recent words when he thought he smelled @Reyes’s scent. That day when his father had manhandled him didn’t even cross his mind, to tell you the truth.

He paused, but only for an instant, before shouting, DAD!!! Caracal then zoomed straight for the fen’s borders.

Author: Kat
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
and the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon - by Caracal - August 14, 2021, 08:23 PM