Dragoncrest Cliffs a paean
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Rosalyn was no Erzulie, but she could at least see that the damage was healing with no sickness to it. You are lucky there's no poison to it, she replied, though there was some warmth of sympathy. It was all she could really say - what was done was done and the girl knew, as well as she did, that there was nothing left but to live with it. The fact that she was here showed she was keen on it. It was admirable. Despite her misgivings, Sapphique could do worse than those who overcame such odds.

She did not catch the meaning but did not feel she needed to. The self-conscious look of her told the pirate all she needed to know. My daughter spoke a long time without words. There are ways. Unknowingly preaching to the choir. There's worse things to lose. If you like, and feel up to it, I can show you the lands tomorrow. Today, I think you should rest. She looked ill-used and like a good meal and a rest would do some magic.

Rosalyn waited, however, before departing.... unsure what caught her. She couldn't help it. Chacal's departure had shaken her and this girl... she reminded her so much, despite looking so different. She found herself reluctant, and instead of stepping outside, settled down where she was.

She'd leave if asked, and to get food soon. But for now, perhaps, a little quiet company could be appreciated.
Messages In This Thread
a paean - by Avicus - July 08, 2021, 10:02 AM
RE: a paean - by Rosalyn - July 08, 2021, 01:33 PM
RE: a paean - by Avicus - July 08, 2021, 07:50 PM
RE: a paean - by Rosalyn - July 11, 2021, 04:45 PM
RE: a paean - by Avicus - July 20, 2021, 07:27 PM
RE: a paean - by Rosalyn - July 25, 2021, 11:58 PM
RE: a paean - by Avicus - July 28, 2021, 12:11 PM
RE: a paean - by Rosalyn - August 12, 2021, 08:42 AM
RE: a paean - by Avicus - August 20, 2021, 08:48 PM
RE: a paean - by Rosalyn - September 08, 2021, 12:26 PM
RE: a paean - by Avicus - September 10, 2021, 11:36 PM