Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,981 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
No worries at all! Take your time. :)

Rye obliged her request and Meerkat listened raptly, though what she expected and what he actually said were quite different. She tried to keep her expression still as he shared, though the cogs of her mind were whirling. He was going to go on some deliberately life-threatening journey against his intended's knowledge? Risking his life to prove his love to Imaq sounded like a whole bunch of malarkey to her, though Meerkat didn't want to judge too quickly. Some practices were steeped in spiritualism and tradition, which were deeply personal. She did not want to insult Rye's beliefs, even if the whole thing sounded much more foolish than romantic to her.

She might not have voiced her skepticism, except for the last few words Rye spoke: "I never questioned why I have to do this..." "Maybe you should?" she suggested gently. "It sounds like a grand gesture, though I don't doubt that you would be dedicated to Imaq whether or not you scale a mountain first. Anyway, the two of you have already embarked on a way more challenging journey, one that's already tethered you together always," Meerkat pointed out, a smile playing about her lips. "Raising a child."
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread