Duskfire Glacier Remember when, I was young and so were you
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,975 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Watch me make 5,000 assumptions. I'll make edits as necessary. :)

Meerkat went into isolation following the pack's emergency meeting. There were so many reasons why she needed time to herself to decompress from that whole situation, though she hated to admit the main one: she was hideously jealous and resentful of the connection between Issorartuyok and Lane. Real or imagined, the yearling couldn't get past it.

There was still the matter of her trip to the caldera. The little green monster currently inhabiting her head told her there was no way Issorartuyok could go with her now. Or is it Tatkret? her inner voice asked snidely as Meerkat walked solemnly through the evergreens growing at the foot of the glacier. You're being an idiot, you know that? she scolded herself with a sigh.

Nonetheless, she decided to find someone else to accompany her. When she spotted Rye ahead, it felt a little bit like fate. "Rye!" she called out, hastening toward him. "You're friends with my mom, right?" she blurted, apropos of nothing, before giving him a once-over, blinking and asking, "Hey, what's going on?"

She had been too busy obsessing about the perceived relationship between Issorartuyok and Lane, she had almost forgotten about the no-shows. "Where's Imaq and Liak?" Meerkat asked, absolutely dreading the answer.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Remember when, I was young and so were you - by Rye - November 01, 2021, 12:48 PM
RE: Remember when, I was young and so were you - by Meerkat - November 01, 2021, 01:01 PM
RE: Remember when, I was young and so were you - by Rye - November 01, 2021, 02:20 PM
RE: Remember when, I was young and so were you - by Meerkat - November 01, 2021, 02:26 PM
RE: Remember when, I was young and so were you - by Rye - November 02, 2021, 09:21 PM
RE: Remember when, I was young and so were you - by Meerkat - November 02, 2021, 10:34 PM
RE: Remember when, I was young and so were you - by Rye - November 11, 2021, 05:37 PM
RE: Remember when, I was young and so were you - by Meerkat - November 11, 2021, 07:29 PM