Nova Peak even in a hurricane of frowns
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,991 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
The more the woman spoke, the more apparent it became that she had an accent of some kind. No, it was more like... an impediment. Actually, it reminded her of her mom. Meerkat's eyes brightened as she wondered if this wolf was deaf, like Towhee? She would make sure to face her directly and speak clearly, just in case.

"Yes, I'm on good terms with Sapphique," Meerkat said with a nod, noting the stranger's assessing look. Maybe she was reading her body language? Mindfully, she checked to make sure she was holding herself neutrally, with a hint of friendly.

Meerkat shook her head, though she took a moment to think before saying, "No, I don't think I've ever met a Nyra." What had prompted that question, she wondered? But before she could ask, another inquiry was fired at her.

That was a good question. Even now that she felt more awake, Meerkat wasn't entirely certain how to answer. She wasn't just going to walk out on Duskfire Glacier, even though—having not slept on it—she was't sure she really had a place in a pack ruled by Issorartuyok. The thought rankled her and made her sweepingly sad all at once.

"I'm with Duskfire Glacier," she eventually answered, a little slowly, "although the pack's about to relocate." He hadn't actually mentioned where, just that it was far. And that she must make a choice. I'm not sure I'll be going, her demeanor said, though Meerkat didn't say that part out loud.

She was 98% awake now and it occurred to her to add, "I'm Meerkat, by the way."
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
even in a hurricane of frowns - by Meerkat - January 05, 2022, 02:27 PM
RE: even in a hurricane of frowns - by Avicus - January 05, 2022, 08:18 PM
RE: even in a hurricane of frowns - by Meerkat - January 05, 2022, 08:52 PM
RE: even in a hurricane of frowns - by Avicus - January 05, 2022, 10:34 PM
RE: even in a hurricane of frowns - by Meerkat - January 05, 2022, 10:45 PM
RE: even in a hurricane of frowns - by Avicus - January 06, 2022, 12:14 PM
RE: even in a hurricane of frowns - by Meerkat - January 06, 2022, 12:44 PM
RE: even in a hurricane of frowns - by Avicus - January 06, 2022, 07:51 PM
RE: even in a hurricane of frowns - by Meerkat - January 06, 2022, 07:59 PM
RE: even in a hurricane of frowns - by Avicus - January 06, 2022, 08:05 PM
RE: even in a hurricane of frowns - by Meerkat - January 06, 2022, 08:32 PM