Dragoncrest Cliffs Say, could that lass be I?
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
971 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
To hear Meerkat speak of her past, and deepen their knowledge of one another, filled Njord with satisfaction. He sat besides her upon the flotsam and uttered an ‘ahhh’ of comprehension when she explained how Kaertok had come to be her father.

He soaked up this insight like a dry sponge. “Sapphique’s kids are comin’ up on seven months, now,” he added wistfully with anxious chuckle. Mireille had done a fair bit of wandering. Would she, and the others, leave their natal pack so soon? “You must ‘av been quite tha canny lass,” he said, peering over to regard to her. He smirked and shot her a wink, “but that hasna changed, has it?” He opened his mouth to ask about the tragedy, but Meerkat quickly skipped to a different subject. Njord picked up on the hint.

“Wee Njord!” he bellowed a laugh at Meerkat’s vernacular and the image of himself as a rolly pup. His head bobbed in a ‘well let me tell you’ animated sort of way.Och, wee Njord was a troublemaker,” he said as his eyes rolled back, as if to better tap into his memories. “I’m tha middle of three siblings. My older brother is Aegir: a man of fire an seastone. Braw and fierce… but thick skulled an irreconcilable,” Njords face contorted as a thin smile painted his lips. His criticisms were clearly filled with a mixture of love, admiration, and rivalry – a brother sort of thing. “M’sister’s name is Angrboda. She is like tha calm sea. Level headed. Diligent. Last I saw her she was shadowin’ my grandsire to lead Meares Island.”

He sucked in a breath and realized he had started the story backwards. “Meares Island is where my mother, an tha Cortens, are from. A wide island off the Teekon coast in tha South, sister to Vargas Island. My people are hearty, stoic, and have sea savoir faire. And,” he added with a tip of his head, “they’re a great deal religious. Followers of a ol’ deity named Atlan. But I didna care much for that.” His eyes squinted as if he couldn’t make something out in the distance. “I canna recall how my father, Valtyr, met my mother Priixu… they are opposite in every way. Except, I ken my father had been married once before… He told me she died, and I think that changed 'im.”  He turned his blue gaze upon Meerkat. "I know they'd love you," he added, "especially my mother."

Crashing waves drew his attention back towards the sea. “But me, I was a troublesome child,” he sneered at Meerkat as if to say ‘look what you got yourself into.' “Playin’ dangerously on tha rocks. Skippin’ class. Fightin' with my brother. Arguin’ with my mentors. Received a few lashin’s for that,” Njord sighed with a smile, as if he recalled the good ol days. “Och, I was a stupid lad,” he laughed with a shake of his head. “A bit of a late bloomer, I think. I stayed on Meares for a long time, never quite findin' my place. One day I plucked up the courage to swim ashore to Teekon and I haven't looked back."
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
Say, could that lass be I? - by Njord - January 13, 2022, 11:19 PM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Meerkat - January 14, 2022, 01:24 PM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Njord - January 19, 2022, 06:06 PM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Meerkat - January 19, 2022, 08:47 PM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Njord - February 01, 2022, 03:59 PM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Meerkat - February 01, 2022, 05:36 PM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Njord - February 03, 2022, 01:13 AM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Meerkat - February 03, 2022, 10:10 AM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Njord - February 08, 2022, 05:16 PM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Meerkat - February 08, 2022, 06:57 PM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Njord - February 11, 2022, 01:12 AM