Dragoncrest Cliffs if the feeling don’t fit, you’ll just have to stick with it
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,979 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She took it as forgiveness when little Aminthe trotted over to her and slumped down against her pale flank. Meerkat reached down to stroke her toes ever so gently over the baby’s brow as her eyes began to drift closed. She then moved her paw to skim over her back, at least until Aminthe rolled over.

Her eyes lifted at the sound of Rosalyn’s voice. The Ruby used the word “only,” and Meerkat wished it felt as minor as that. It didn’t, not to her, but she made no remark. Rosalyn insisted she would interfere if the situation didn’t improve and Meerkat only nodded, agreeing with the latter statement the most. She was glad Sobo had apologized, that they’d made peace of a sort. It was a sign of growth and maturity and she just hoped the trend might continue.

Her lips parted at the Ruby’s final comment. Rosalyn… thank you. That means a lot, especially coming from her. I can’t tell you how happy I am that life led me here, she added, peering down at Aminthe and feeling a rush of tender affection not only for her but for the community here, even the parts of it that challenged her.

Meerkat’s eyes drifted to the roja den. She wished she could speak to Erzulie, let her know this would be her last visit as she prepared to deliver her own pups. But she was also glad she’d had this chance to speak with Rosalyn. Her eyes tracked back to the woman’s rugged face and she smiled fondly, savoring this hard-won feeling of acceptance.

I don’t want to wake her, so will you tell Erzulie I came by? And that I think I’m going to retire to the burrow until it’s time, Meerkat spoke up after a beat. Tell her she’s of course welcome any time, as are you and the little ones. She hoped they would all come by. She needed to stay off her feet and take it easy, though there would be some time yet before the delivery and she would enjoy the company.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)