Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,991 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
No worries.

It wasn’t long before Loko was a mere speck in the distance, scrambling toward the windswept beach. Meerkat smiled after him, taking her time and minding her new center of gravity, particularly where the ground was slick from the recent rainfall.

Her paws soon pressed into wet sand and she found Loko busily adding fragmented shells to a small heap near the water’s edge. By the time she came to stand over it, she felt out of breath. Her legs trembled, so she plopped, weight resting on her left hip to accommodate her big belly.

As soon as she caught her breath, she meant to ask Loko about his findings. Before she could, a rumble of thunder made Meerkat turn toward the horizon, which was darkening with another popup rainstorm. Her ears swept back a little when she realized she had no hope of escaping the beach in time to avoid it.

Incoming! she called to Loko, certain he wouldn’t be that bothered.

She wasn’t that worried, either. It would probably be a little chilly, but probably not entirely unpleasant. In fact, as the storm quickly made landfall, she turned her head skyward, eyes closing as she breathed in the scents of ozone and salt.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: try to catch my breath as i gain my composure - by Meerkat - May 20, 2022, 12:25 PM