Dragoncrest Cliffs bittersweet, irresistible, a crawling beast
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,981 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She felt depleted, the occasional tear still dripping down her pale cheekbones. But she found the energy to straighten her spine and sit up when Erzulie invited her to share the womens’ space in a show of solidarity. The invitation earned the faintest of smiles.

I need to be near my kids, she murmured. I won’t be alone, at least until they grew enough to leave her too, she acknowledged with a pang. Thank you, though, for everything, she added after a short, exhausted pause.

Another spell of quiet passed as Meerkat collected herself a bit more before saying, No matter what happens, this is my home. I may not be the best pack member right now, but I’m not going anywhere.

She’d come here to be with Njord, built so many beautiful memories with him in this place. Meerkat couldn’t picture leaving. But what if he really never came back? And their children decided to disperse? Would she still belong here then?

Her present pain was great enough that she couldn’t bear thinking about a future so bleak. Meerkat pushed it out of her mind with a weak sigh, trying to muster the energy to find her feet.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
bittersweet, irresistible, a crawling beast - by Erzulie - August 12, 2022, 11:20 AM
RE: bittersweet, irresistible, a crawling beast - by Meerkat - August 15, 2022, 03:47 PM