Dragoncrest Cliffs never cry again
2,013 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
He began to voice the dire thought that had whispered through her mind moments prior. Meerkat shook her head lightly, knocking the top of her skull gently against his chin. It didn’t bear dwelling on such things.

Raising a paw to put it on his chest, right over his heartbeat, she leaned back so they could look into one another’s eyes. A frown flitted across her face, wondering why either one of them had thought this trip was a good idea. They couldn’t have known what would befall him, yet the risks had always been there…

She pushed those thoughts away and leaned in to place a kiss right on the tip of his snout, murmuring, It’s already forgiven, as far as I’m concerned. Even after all her own strife, those words were nearly as easy to say as “I love you.” But I think your sons and daughter will need to hear it too.

Because she could only speak for herself. Drawing a little further back, Meerkat caught her husband’s eye again and couldn’t help but think of his first litter. Sobo had never really forgiven his da for that first disappearance, had he? How would Njord fare with his younger children? There was only one way to find out, and Meerkat had been selfish long enough. It was time to stop keeping Njord all to herself.

She tipped her muzzle toward the morning sky and summoned @Stingray, @Swordfish and @Mercy.

Since Mercy is an NPC, I just figure she can be out of earshot for this, unless I/we want to PP her in this scene. I leave that up to you!

P.S. You get #1,300.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
never cry again - by Meerkat - September 30, 2022, 10:35 AM
RE: never cry again - by Njord - October 01, 2022, 10:49 AM
RE: never cry again - by Meerkat - October 02, 2022, 11:17 AM
RE: never cry again - by Njord - October 02, 2022, 12:55 PM
RE: never cry again - by Meerkat - October 02, 2022, 02:24 PM
RE: never cry again - by Njord - October 03, 2022, 03:41 PM
RE: never cry again - by Meerkat - October 03, 2022, 05:22 PM
RE: never cry again - by Njord - October 03, 2022, 06:06 PM
RE: never cry again - by Meerkat - October 03, 2022, 06:23 PM
RE: never cry again - by Njord - October 05, 2022, 06:53 PM
RE: never cry again - by Meerkat - October 28, 2022, 12:12 AM