Dragoncrest Cliffs this is a modern fairy tale
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,989 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Her eyes remained tightly shut, tears oozing from between the lids and clinging to her lashes before sliding slowly down her pale cheeks. She counted her breaths, oblivious to the transformation taking place in Njord’s demeanor as she tried to collect herself.

She jumped and let out a small cry when he embraced her, though as soon as Meerkat registered what was happening, she threw herself into the hug. The familiar weight of his head slipping into its notch on her shoulder caused a great hiccuping sob to break free before she could stop it. Still she clutched at him.

He talked of tracking the boys, discovering their blood, and her grip on him grew tighter and tighter. Meerkat felt the vibrato of his declaration thrumming through her own ribs, spearing straight into her heart. Her eyes squeezed shut again as she buried her face into the nearest patch of fur.

They held each other for a few moments and then Meerkat mumbled, Fish is going to be alright, Njord. He’ll have scars, she observed, voice thick with feeling, just like his da. But he’ll be okay, unlike all their pack mates of yore.

As she spoke, she drew back just far enough to look into his face, one foreleg loosing its grasp to reach up and brush over the furrowed half of Njord’s face. She leaned forward, exhaling, and touched noses with him as her eyes closed. Her arm resumed its previous grip, pulling him back into a hug.

I know, darling, she murmured against his neck. I know.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
this is a modern fairy tale - by Meerkat - January 09, 2023, 02:26 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Njord - January 09, 2023, 08:42 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Meerkat - January 09, 2023, 08:59 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Njord - January 09, 2023, 09:42 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Meerkat - January 09, 2023, 10:12 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Njord - January 09, 2023, 11:06 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Meerkat - January 09, 2023, 11:25 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Njord - January 14, 2023, 03:38 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Meerkat - January 14, 2023, 04:10 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Njord - January 14, 2023, 05:23 PM