Firefly Glen I wish you well, but desire never leaves
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,991 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Meerkat wondered if her questions came across as platitudes or small talk. She didn’t intend them that way, though Fennec’s resistance made her bite at her lip. Of course she wanted to insist she genuinely cared and wanted to support her sister, though Meerkat didn’t want to push Fen’s boundaries.

Okay, Meerkat replied, trying hard not to show the mild distress she felt at Fen’s frank words, well, you’re welcome to visit us anytime. I’d love for my kids to meet you and Killdeer. I’m glad you guys are here.

She wondered if her nephew would want anything to do with her and who Penn might be (she did not presently recall their brief meeting years ago). Meerkat would seek them out sometime soon and find out. In the meantime, she took deep breaths. There was still part of her that wanted to say so much more, to insist they could rebuild and otherwise express her reassurance and support. It was difficult to suppress that urge.

I need to get back to my ulaq. But my door’s always open to family, Meerkat repeated. See you later, Fen, she added, forcing her feet to move and walk back toward Moonspear.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
I wish you well, but desire never leaves - by Fennec - April 11, 2023, 11:56 PM
RE: I wish you well, but desire never leaves - by Meerkat - April 14, 2023, 07:33 AM