Moonspear no place like home
2,013 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Njord planned to attend the upcoming hunt, perhaps taking Reki with him. Although Meerkat had agreed to this—which meant staying behind, all by herself—she grew agitated as the departure day approached. She kept thinking waspishly of her parents' decision to settle at Moontide. Meerkat knew she was being uncharitable, just like she suspected her hormones were shifting. She said nothing to her husband nor their young novitiate, not wishing to spoil Njord’s excitement in particular.

When the invitation came to attend Seal’s coming-of-age ceremony, it did quite a lot to dispel the black cloud lingering over her head. Although she felt like a heel leaving Reki behind at the copse, Meerkat was grateful someone would be staying there. Besides, she would relieve him in no more than a day’s time. And he could still head off to hunt with Njord and the rest, though Meerkat would be pleased if they could keep each other company.

Clearing her throat presently, Meerkat put all that aside to focus on Seal’s face. She was a strikingly beautiful young woman, full of immense potential. Meerkat was biased, of course, but she couldn’t be prouder. She glanced at Njord’s face, mutually marveling at this incredible person they’d brought into the world. She wasn’t the only one of course—Meerkat particularly missed Orca just now—but today, her mother’s love would focus wholly and completely on Seal.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
no place like home - by Sialuk - December 21, 2023, 05:37 PM
RE: no place like home - by Maggak - December 22, 2023, 03:07 PM
RE: no place like home - by Seal - December 23, 2023, 02:25 PM
RE: no place like home - by Njord - December 23, 2023, 02:37 PM
RE: no place like home - by Meerkat - December 23, 2023, 07:40 PM
RE: no place like home - by Elentari - December 27, 2023, 10:03 PM
RE: no place like home - by Sialuk - January 01, 2024, 07:53 PM
RE: no place like home - by Maggak - January 02, 2024, 07:19 PM
RE: no place like home - by Seal - January 07, 2024, 09:13 PM
RE: no place like home - by Njord - January 07, 2024, 09:25 PM
RE: no place like home - by Meerkat - January 08, 2024, 09:16 AM