Sun Mote Copse and she'll promise you more
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,989 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Seeing Towhee Jr’s face made her think of their mother, of course, and how she hadn’t returned with Fennec. Meerkat selfishly hoped Towhee would make her way back to the copse sooner rather than later, though for now, she focused on her young doppelganger.

-“Thank you!”- she said when presented with the gift, speaking as well as signing since it was what came naturally.

She gently took the pelt from her younger sister and turned to drape it over the Bairns, minding not to cover their wee heads. Meerkat wondered if they might fuss at the sudden warmth and weight on their small backs.

Otter didn’t seem to mind it much, though Skipjack mercifully let off her chapped nipple to wriggle and squirm. He didn’t fuss, just batted at the skin in a curious sort of way. Meerkat thought, I’ll allow it, and turned back to face Jr.

-“We’re all doing just fine,”- she answered the earlier question. -“The girl is called Otter, the boy Skipjack,”- she added, her face the picture of weary maternal affection. -“How about you? How are you settling in to the copse?”-
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
and she'll promise you more - by Towhee Jr - March 14, 2024, 04:28 AM
RE: and she'll promise you more - by Meerkat - March 14, 2024, 08:16 AM
RE: and she'll promise you more - by Towhee Jr - March 15, 2024, 03:15 AM
RE: and she'll promise you more - by Meerkat - March 15, 2024, 08:43 AM
RE: and she'll promise you more - by Towhee Jr - March 16, 2024, 05:36 AM
RE: and she'll promise you more - by Meerkat - March 18, 2024, 08:11 AM
RE: and she'll promise you more - by Towhee Jr - March 23, 2024, 04:58 PM
RE: and she'll promise you more - by Meerkat - March 25, 2024, 08:53 AM
RE: and she'll promise you more - by Towhee Jr - March 31, 2024, 04:54 AM
RE: and she'll promise you more - by Meerkat - April 01, 2024, 08:16 AM
RE: and she'll promise you more - by Towhee Jr - April 06, 2024, 06:18 AM