Wheeling Gull Isle i’m not superstitious, but i’m a little stitious
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Venninne came, too, but kept her distance, looking concerned. Maegi dipped her muzzle at the woman, allowing her to come forward, then turned her gaze to Coelacanth, who had began to speak in her halting, fractured way. The seawolf touched her muzzle to her forepaw--only barely!--her voice a gentle murmur. She spoke of peace, and safety. Things that had eluded Maegi, these past months.

"I'm sorry," she said, her voice small. "For running away. They aren't--they're not who hurt me. She just. . .she was there. Moonshadow. When Skullchaser hurt me. She reminded me, and I--well, I didn't know what to do, and so I ran, and I'm sorry--" The words came tumbling out of her mouth, faster than she intended, and she cut herself off at her second apology, firming her mouth.

"I want to go home," Maegi whispered, shaking her head. "But not with her. She saved my life, but she reminded me of him. Of that mountain." And they'd be indelibly linked forever, through no fault of her own, nor Moonshadow's. She was beyond grateful that the black-furred woman had saved her life, but at what cost? Dead, her mind would be no more. Now she would live with those memories for the rest of her life, however long it was.
Messages In This Thread