Blackfeather Woods welcome to the war
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
She was a great student, quiet and attentive. Maegi gave her an encouraging smile and then continued, not wasting another second.

Here, we worship many gods, but chief among them are Mephala and Sithis, she explained. Mephala--the Night Mother, as I said before--is the god of secrets and lies. We were born to serve her. The words felt wrong in her mouth. She no longer favored Mephala, nor Meldresi, as she once did. But Mephala was the chief god here; it would be misleading to leave her out of the lesson.

Sithis is the Dread Father, Lord of the Void. The Void is where we go when we die. Sithis isn't evil, he isn't good--he's nothing. He is simply nothing, one with the Void. The only thing that pleases Sithis is death. In life, we serve Mephala; by our death, we serve Sithis." Sithis was closer to her heart, both in his own right and as Mou's chosen name-god. But. . .

There are many other minor gods, but the most important to me is Peryite, Maegi said, lips curving in a smirk. God of pestilence and plague, disease, ugly things. Peryite takes in all those scorned by everyone else; Peryite destroys our enemies, not through battle, but through silent ways, like sickness. She let out a wistful sigh, like a teenaged girl talking about her latest crush. I make all my rituals now to Peryite. I can show you sometime, if you'd like.
Messages In This Thread
welcome to the war - by Flicker - October 10, 2018, 02:40 PM
RE: welcome to the war - by Maegi - October 13, 2018, 12:37 AM
RE: welcome to the war - by Flicker - October 13, 2018, 07:35 AM
RE: welcome to the war - by Maegi - October 14, 2018, 10:44 PM
RE: welcome to the war - by Flicker - October 15, 2018, 09:58 AM
RE: welcome to the war - by Maegi - October 16, 2018, 02:49 PM
RE: welcome to the war - by Flicker - October 16, 2018, 03:28 PM
RE: welcome to the war - by Maegi - October 19, 2018, 10:49 PM
RE: welcome to the war - by Flicker - October 20, 2018, 12:43 AM
RE: welcome to the war - by Maegi - October 21, 2018, 08:32 PM
RE: welcome to the war - by Flicker - October 22, 2018, 01:59 PM