Blackfeather Woods i.i : you gotta be crazy; gotta have a real need
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
All Welcome 
{dogs}{part one, episode one}

She missed the island. Much like she had dreamed of the woods by the sea, now she saw the waves when she slept, so blue and clear. The warmth of early summer, the sun on her back. Rokig, teaching her to fish; Reed and her herbs. Coelacanth's musical voice, and Venninne's quiet strength. . .

Maegi rose one morning and decided to depart immediately, without word. She knew how to get to the island; she had memorized each and every step on her journey here. It would take no more than a week or two, and then she would be back. It would be okay. But she did not want to stress the Listener more than necessary, considering her condition, and as for Mou. . .

Mou. They had not spoken since Redsang had entered the forest. It was a betrayal that cut her to her core; she wasn't sure what explanation would suffice. She knew now that his loyalties were not solely with Blackfeather, and that disturbed her greatly.

She needed to escape. The woods had become a place of stagnant secrets--perhaps it had always been, but the girl felt it more acutely now than ever. The threat of war hung over the place once more. And now Blue, the closest thing she had to a familiar, was gone for the winter; she was completely, utterly alone.

She needed to escape--just for a while.

The pale shadow of a Melonii slipped through the trees, her stomach full (she had eaten to sate her appetite, so that she may make it to the coast without stopping). Panting slightly, she increased her tempo to a quick trot, ungainly as it was with her clubbed foot. She wasn't sure if anyone would stand in her way--

--but gods help the one that did.

Messages In This Thread
i.i : you gotta be crazy; gotta have a real need - by Maegi - November 16, 2018, 01:52 AM