Ankyra Sound Breakin' is easy and hope is hard
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Caiaphas thought her a coward? Fine. Pride.  All any of you care about is your thrice damned pride.  Her single eye burned almost feverishly as she spoke now, and there was a dangerous undercurrent of desperation to her tone.  She hadn't known any died.  If I have to  sacrifice mine so that they keep theirs, fine.  If I go, maybe it will be enough.  They'd bled for her already.  She couldn't force them to do more.  No one here should be dying for me. She was in their debt enough now, it seemed.

Besides that;  Drageda had kept her, starved her, broken her, and left her considering submitting to the sea's mercy to the extent where she'd nearly made her peace.  Being forced to look at those cliffs and unable to do anything about the malignant presence she would know lurked just outside their borders.  To be forced to remember that and pretend like it hadn't happened?  Already just imagining it wore her down and lent a tight desperation to her chest, one that hadn't resided there since her time with the pirates, before.  

In the end, though, she could care less what Rusalka's alpha thought.  It was Erzulie's reaction she feared, and it was her that made the words hard to voice.  Obviously her time here had been enough to form bonds strong enough for war.  Rosalyn had a hard time believing the grotto witch would jump to her aid so readily without some direction from her love.  Where she made enemies, Erzulie had always found allies, and it was one of countless things the red woman loved fiercely about her.  

That seemed true enough now, because when Erzulie stepped away, the tightness worsened.  One of our own.. Rosalyn had been right, Erzulie had made a home while she had been gone.  Well, she would rather leave than risk starting a war, but she'd start a hundred wars if the alternative was losing her.  Even this fear couldn't change that. 

There's an island, just south of here . I think I could stay there.  But I won't if it means losing you.  Rosalyn watched her, fighting to keep herself calm while everything felt like it was teetering on the edge of a fracture.  I don't want to go, but please don't ask me to stay.  I don't want you to leave, but please don't make me go alone. She felt like another entity had taken residence in her mind, one that didn't settle well and fought tooth and nail for prominence.  She had never been great at hiding, least of all from Erzulie, who always seemed able to read her every thought.
Messages In This Thread
Breakin' is easy and hope is hard - by Rosalyn - January 06, 2019, 02:50 PM
RE: Breakin' is easy and hope is hard - by Caiaphas - January 06, 2019, 03:01 PM
RE: Breakin' is easy and hope is hard - by Rosalyn - January 06, 2019, 03:30 PM
RE: Breakin' is easy and hope is hard - by Erzulie - January 09, 2019, 12:29 AM
RE: Breakin' is easy and hope is hard - by Rosalyn - January 09, 2019, 09:10 AM
RE: Breakin' is easy and hope is hard - by Caiaphas - January 10, 2019, 07:23 PM
RE: Breakin' is easy and hope is hard - by Lucca - January 14, 2019, 08:04 AM
RE: Breakin' is easy and hope is hard - by Erzulie - January 14, 2019, 11:02 PM
RE: Breakin' is easy and hope is hard - by Rosalyn - January 15, 2019, 08:29 AM
RE: Breakin' is easy and hope is hard - by Caiaphas - January 15, 2019, 12:45 PM
RE: Breakin' is easy and hope is hard - by Erzulie - January 15, 2019, 08:48 PM
RE: Breakin' is easy and hope is hard - by Rosalyn - January 15, 2019, 09:12 PM
RE: Breakin' is easy and hope is hard - by Caiaphas - January 18, 2019, 11:15 PM
RE: Breakin' is easy and hope is hard - by Erzulie - January 19, 2019, 05:00 PM
RE: Breakin' is easy and hope is hard - by Rosalyn - January 19, 2019, 05:41 PM