Ankyra Sound on her radiance again
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
The three that Erzulie named were three that Rosalyn had already met, and that made it easier.  I think motherhood changed her, Rosalyn admitted, smiling a bit as she thought on Illidan and Raleska.  She liked both of them, and while most children she could take or leave, youth who she was directly responsible for protecting she tended to grow affectionate towards faster than adults.  They tended to be more open in return, anyway.  I don't mind them.  Her smile betrayed that that was an understatement, as did a small joking lilt in her tone.

History's one way to put it.  She'd never told Erzulie of her and Caiaphas' shared past, had she?  I lived her with her before, in a pack called Saltwinter.  'Saltveenter', as Vlad put it.  He was a friend, and the one who convinced me to stay, but I wasn't really content following Caiaphas.  I didn't know her, and I'd just come down from running a crew of my own.  She gave a quiet snort of laughter, remembering their interactions.  I tested her one too many times and she ordered Vlad, who was her second, to kill me.  Instead . we tried to take her place.  We lost, and Vlad disappeared not long after.  That was probably the only thing she regretted out of all of it.

They'd had run-ins since, but that was a majority of the history they shared.  She didn't imagine it would go differently if she tried the same shit again, but she didn't sense that same spitefulness in her old foe anymore.  Age and family had softened them both, maybe.  I'm not looking to make the same mistake again.  So I think I can manage that.  That wasn't the only mistake she wasn't willing to make twice.  In Rosalyn's mind, she'd already decided she wouldn't lead again.  It was the opposite of a promise she'd made a while back, one to never reside in a crew she did not captain.  Any ship she sailed seemed doomed to fail, so perhaps it was best if she let others take the helm.
Messages In This Thread
on her radiance again - by Erzulie - January 20, 2019, 01:49 PM
RE: on her radiance again - by Rosalyn - January 20, 2019, 02:03 PM
RE: on her radiance again - by Erzulie - January 24, 2019, 01:32 PM
RE: on her radiance again - by Rosalyn - January 24, 2019, 11:02 PM
RE: on her radiance again - by Erzulie - January 31, 2019, 02:05 PM
RE: on her radiance again - by Rosalyn - January 31, 2019, 06:14 PM
RE: on her radiance again - by Erzulie - February 04, 2019, 01:09 PM
RE: on her radiance again - by Rosalyn - February 05, 2019, 01:41 PM
RE: on her radiance again - by Erzulie - February 12, 2019, 08:33 PM
RE: on her radiance again - by Rosalyn - February 13, 2019, 09:03 PM
RE: on her radiance again - by Erzulie - February 18, 2019, 03:46 PM