Neverwinter Forest run, rabbit, run
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
It was within the first five words of Flicker's response that Maegi's heart broke, and her knees wobbled, muscles quivering with the effort of keeping herself upright. Grief came over her in ripples, churning in her stomach, clawing at her chest with icy claws. Tears blurred her vision, and she blinked them away, trying halfheartedly to focus on what else her friend was saying.

Relmyna— Her voice cracked, the sentiment abruptly aborted. She shook her head, looking down. I. . .I wish I could have known. I would have come. . .

And then the implications of what Flicker had said occurred to her, and her gaze, too, turned cold as she returned it to the other's face.

They might be my family, but I have no ties to them other than blood, Maegi said firmly. They abandoned the Woods, Meldresi's resting place. I won't do the same. Even if it meant she had to carve out an existence, just she and Mou, alone in Blackfeather. That was preferable to joining this band of traitors.

Her stare was gimlet, though the rest of her face relatively impassive. I want you to come with me, of course. But if you feel that your place is here, then I can't stop you, I guess. I won't.
Messages In This Thread
run, rabbit, run - by Maegi - February 23, 2019, 12:59 AM
RE: run, rabbit, run - by Flicker - February 23, 2019, 10:20 AM
RE: run, rabbit, run - by Maegi - February 24, 2019, 09:29 PM
RE: run, rabbit, run - by Flicker - February 25, 2019, 12:30 PM
RE: run, rabbit, run - by Maegi - March 04, 2019, 09:17 PM
RE: run, rabbit, run - by Flicker - March 05, 2019, 03:11 PM
RE: run, rabbit, run - by Maegi - March 05, 2019, 03:28 PM
RE: run, rabbit, run - by Flicker - March 07, 2019, 01:26 PM
RE: run, rabbit, run - by Maegi - March 09, 2019, 02:30 PM
RE: run, rabbit, run - by Flicker - March 10, 2019, 11:04 AM