Blackfeather Woods to hear the softly spoken magic spell
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Wow y'all I'm sorry for the wait on this--crazy week. Next round will begin, oh, let's say Monday, April 8 (or whenever I post next!). I'll eliminate post order for now; just post when you can/want to, but of course keep it to once per round. Also, those who haven't popped in already, please feel free!

They came, and understandably most looked concerned at her wry (albeit sporadic) chuckles. She wasn't one to laugh, usually. She had no idea why the hilarity had struck her so suddenly. All she knew was that they had a home—and though outside forces threatened that home, all she had in her was happiness. . .and, apparently, giggles.

Mou was first, and she beckoned him closer with a gentle nod, eyes softening. Abraxas left without a word, which displeased her, though it was par for the course for him, really. Then came Tundra, Moonshadow, Jazira. . .her brother. She summoned him in kind, hoping that he and Mou would settle themselves near her. Zeus, Wintersbane, and Sanguinus completed the order. They all had come. And stayed—well, all but one. But they had come.

This is our home, Maegi said, trying to pitch her normally fairly quiet voice over the gathering and the cries of ravens. Despite everything, all of us have found our way back to the woods, by one way or another. We belong here—despite what anyone has said. Take that, Potema.

Her eyes drifted along the gathered wolves, resting on each one in turn for a brief instant before moving on. I trust Ramsay and Mou with my life, she said, glancing at the pair. They will lead alongside me. I feel like it's my responsibility to step up—but I do need the guidance. And I need all of you, too, she added, looking back at the larger group. For now, I trust you enough to stay here. I hope you don't break that trust. Take that, Flicker.

There will be no innocent blood shed here. No horrific violence. No trouble will be brought to this forest under any circumstances. The wolves who ran this place before made several terrible mistakes—they let the darkness overcome them. We're not like them; all we want is a home, a place to call our own. We are not evil. We will not be evil. Understand?

It was a threat, but it was a plea, as well. There was simply too much at stake for them to make the same errors that Vaati, that Cicero, had. There always had been too much at stake, but Maegi had been younger, then, unable to make a difference. Now the power rested in her paws, and she would see to it that Blackfeather Woods inspired no fear in the hearts of those living outside it.

Awe, perhaps. Wonder. Curiosity. But not terror. And certainly not blind hatred.
Messages In This Thread
to hear the softly spoken magic spell - by Maegi - March 31, 2019, 10:07 PM
RE: to hear the softly spoken magic spell - by Abraxas - April 01, 2019, 02:02 PM
RE: to hear the softly spoken magic spell - by Tundra - April 01, 2019, 02:59 PM
RE: to hear the softly spoken magic spell - by Jazira - April 01, 2019, 08:47 PM
RE: to hear the softly spoken magic spell - by Ramsay - April 01, 2019, 10:34 PM
RE: to hear the softly spoken magic spell - by Zeus - April 02, 2019, 07:00 PM
RE: to hear the softly spoken magic spell - by Maegi - April 06, 2019, 12:49 PM
RE: to hear the softly spoken magic spell - by Ramsay - April 09, 2019, 07:58 PM
RE: to hear the softly spoken magic spell - by Tundra - April 11, 2019, 05:50 PM
RE: to hear the softly spoken magic spell - by Maegi - April 16, 2019, 02:52 PM
RE: to hear the softly spoken magic spell - by Ramsay - April 18, 2019, 07:43 PM