Blackfeather Woods [m] i've known everything but this
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Private 
She returned to one of her caches, where she'd stashed the volatile hallucinogen Abraxas had brought her. The visions it had given her were too irresistible to forget, and so. . . She pulled the bundle down and began to nose at it, taking in its sharp, pungent scent. Bitter. The taste even more so. She lapped it up and laid down, ready to speak with the daedra. Her eyes fluttered shut.

When she opened them, the trees were oozing. Not blood, like last time, but some sort of rancid slime, a green-brown. Like swamp mud, but far more foul. Half-decayed animals lurched her way, some of them missing legs, others heads. And insects—they were everywhere. Spiders, slugs, centipedes, mosquitoes. The flying ones buzzed around in a swarm; the crawlers remained a dark carpet at her paws.

And oddly enough, she felt no fear. She knew this was Peryite, as all was pestilence.

Maegi, came the familiar, almost sneering voice, a whisper at the base of her ear. She shivered, slightly, and resisted the urge to look around her. My child. My little princess. You've come home. You've gotten what you wanted.

Not everything, ñuha mēre drēje Jaes, but close, she answered, and then lapsed completely into Daedric—uttering words she had no knowledge of, otherwise. But then, that was the jimson weed. Eman māzigon lenton, yn nyke dōrī geptot ao.

She turned her eyes to a deer, half-skeletal, half its face—like hers—obliterated by a snapping blow to the cheek. The avatar, then. Skoros gaomagon ao jaelagon yno, ñuha Jaes? Maegi asked, lips slightly parted as she waited for the response.

All was silent, for a long while. And then. . . Nothing for now, my dear. Nothing for now. But here, I want you to meet a friend of mine. A good friend. Meridia?

The insects vanished, the animals scattered, the trees stopped dripping. Suddenly, everything was an abundant green, greener than she'd ever seen, not only here but anywhere. Sunlight, bright and warm. The chirping of birds, the fresh scent of new flowers. And—

Oh. . . Maegi breathed, for before her stood the most beautiful woman she'd ever seen, cloaked in a pale pelt—like hers—with flowers adorning her body. The nymph stepped closer, and kissed the Melonii's forehead; she smelled so sweet, and was so soft. Maegi wanted. . .oh, she wanted to curl close to her and sleep, forever. A blissful daze overtook her, and she nearly forgot herself until the other began to speak.

Maegi. I am Meridia, and I am here to tell you that you will be a mother, she whispered, a breathtaking smile upon her face. She moved past Maegi slightly, as if walking on clouds, and then pressed her muzzle to her belly; Maegi couldn't resist a small jump at the sudden touch. I have blessed your womb, my beautiful girl. You will bear fruit. Now go, go and find the wolf that has your heart.

Her brow furrowed at that, because her first thought was—Ramsay? But no, it couldn't be, for her mother and father had also been. . . No. It couldn't be. That meant there was only one other.

But how. . .? Maegi asked, but the woman was already padding away from her in an elegant sidestep, her face still serene. You will know, dear, sweet Melonii; you will know. Go to him. And as she walked into the trees, the green began to fade into darkness, the flowers retreated, the sun set and the moon rose high and shrouded in clouds.

And then she was alone.

Unsure of whether or not she was still under the influence of the hallucinogen (she most certainly was) she rose and began to quest through the woods, looking for @Titmouse.
Messages In This Thread
[m] i've known everything but this - by Maegi - April 07, 2019, 08:40 PM
RE: i've known everything but this - by Maegi - April 07, 2019, 09:26 PM
RE: i've known everything but this - by Maegi - April 08, 2019, 02:42 PM
RE: i've known everything but this - by Maegi - April 08, 2019, 04:13 PM
RE: i've known everything but this - by Maegi - April 08, 2019, 06:22 PM
RE: i've known everything but this - by Maegi - April 10, 2019, 04:38 PM
RE: [m] i've known everything but this - by Maegi - April 12, 2019, 12:25 PM
RE: [m] i've known everything but this - by Maegi - April 12, 2019, 03:29 PM
RE: [m] i've known everything but this - by Maegi - April 12, 2019, 08:36 PM
RE: [m] i've known everything but this - by Maegi - April 12, 2019, 08:54 PM