Blackfeather Woods the devil kept an eye on me
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Out of everything Scylla could ask, Maegi hadn't necessarily expected that. It took her aback, and she paused, lips firming. Staring at the bones, trying to find an explanation that conveyed the horror without necessarily making it larger than it was.

Hurting someone when you don't need to, she finally said quietly, glancing back at the girl. Or beyond what you need to do. They might have done something wrong, but maybe not so wrong that you need to inflict pain. It'd be like. . . Gods, what? Beating up your sister for accidentally stepping on your tail, she mustered, the effort weak.

Maegi's mouth twitched in a half-smile as she gave Scylla a gimlet stare. Don't beat her up for purposely stepping on your tail, either, she said gravely, though with wry humor in the mix as well. Punishment doesn't fit the crime. She knew that Cass's kids were quite fond of physical wrestling, after all. Best to preempt that.

The man who gave me this, she explained, turning the tattered side of her face to Scylla, did so for no good reason at all. Just because he wanted to. . .wanted to torture me.
Messages In This Thread
the devil kept an eye on me - by Scylla - August 29, 2019, 05:33 PM
RE: the devil kept an eye on me - by Maegi - September 01, 2019, 12:34 PM
RE: the devil kept an eye on me - by Scylla - September 01, 2019, 03:31 PM
RE: the devil kept an eye on me - by Maegi - September 04, 2019, 12:04 PM
RE: the devil kept an eye on me - by Scylla - September 10, 2019, 02:07 PM
RE: the devil kept an eye on me - by Maegi - September 11, 2019, 12:39 PM