Blackfeather Woods gasping at glimpses of gentle true spirit
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
All Welcome 
backdated to 22nd ish

She hobbled her way to Nightcaller Temple, feeling the strain of the past several days begin to wear her down. By the time she arrived at the sacred place, she was practically struggling for breath between hiccups stifling sobs. Chin tucked nearly into her chest, she made a beeline for the Altar and then collapsed before it, completely and thoroughly going to pieces.

The tears came quickly and easily; interspersed were aching moans of Cass, and why? Her oldest and dearest friend, apart from her brothers—gone. No, not just gone, like the others. Dead.

Sometimes they came back, but you couldn't come back from death. You couldn't.

Never again would Cassiopeia walk into her life, kindness and ferocity balanced together on a knife's edge. The woman had shown Maegi kindness when she hadn't needed to. She had been captive here; she wasn't. . .obligated. . . But she had. And the Melonii had never forgotten her. She was family (now truly in the most traditional sense, after bearing Vaati's brood).

She would always be family.

Peryite, my Lord, my God, she managed in a hoarse whisper, turning tear-swollen eyes toward the Altar. Take her body down with you. Bring her peace. Sithis. . . She trailed off, feeling uneasy. It had been a long time since her prayers had featured the Dread Father. And yet—wasn't it appropriate now, in the face of death?

Maegi swallowed, steadying herself. Sithis, she repeated, her voice stronger now. Watch over her soul in the Void. Let her speak to me when I need her most. A brazen demand of a deity, but she was desperate. Desperate and so terribly lonely. And apprehensive—

Who was next?
Messages In This Thread
gasping at glimpses of gentle true spirit - by Maegi - September 25, 2019, 07:14 AM
RE: gasping at glimpses of gentle true spirit - by RIP Sobek - September 28, 2019, 05:38 PM
RE: gasping at glimpses of gentle true spirit - by Maegi - September 28, 2019, 09:51 PM
RE: gasping at glimpses of gentle true spirit - by RIP Sobek - September 28, 2019, 10:07 PM
RE: gasping at glimpses of gentle true spirit - by Maegi - October 01, 2019, 09:51 AM
RE: gasping at glimpses of gentle true spirit - by Maegi - October 04, 2019, 12:55 PM
RE: gasping at glimpses of gentle true spirit - by Maegi - October 08, 2019, 05:43 PM
RE: gasping at glimpses of gentle true spirit - by Maegi - October 13, 2019, 12:11 AM
RE: gasping at glimpses of gentle true spirit - by Maegi - October 22, 2019, 09:51 AM